Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much

How much would i be lookin at if i were to go with a dry kit, maybe a TnT 100 shot or maybe the NX maf kit, im not sure what else i would need; purge, warmer , remote opener ? How much does install usually cost, Im scared to even mess with the install, so what am i lookin at as a total, would i better of spendin the money on a cam + install ? Just curious on what u guys think ? Thanks and Happy Holidays
Old 12-15-2003, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From soup to nuts you are probably looking at $1500 installed.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

wow.. wasnt expectin that... is there a kit out there for less, that will spray a 100 shot.. then add a window switch and WOT switch, cuz im runnin an M6, and then just a purge. All i want is a basic kit, that sprays and a system to regulate so i dont go past my RPMS and do some damage, o and purgin is sooo KOOO. Is there anyway i can do this for like $500- 650 installed ?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Teching In

I agree with the $1500 thing. The kits alone usually cost what you want to spend. Are you sure you can't run the wires and lines? Not a hard process. Directions in kits are darn good and a couple of searches through this forum will assist you. I watched a shop do mine and I should have done it myself.

NOS kits come with the WOT switch and a window will cost you about another $175 (either NOS (made by MSD) or MSD).

Something to think about - if the bottle is in the car with you, your hand can be the opener (mine is on the back passenger floor). Don't know on the warmer idea. I don't use a warmer (car driven in summer only and bottle pressure seemed to stay over 900 psi all of the time).

This one will probably get a response blasting me, but why is there a need to purge with a dry kit? Just hit it and go. If you aren't worried about track time consistency, then who cares. Purge on your first punch of the pedal.

Good luck!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Purging just looks SOOO COOl So for a NOS kit that comes with the WOT, to add a window switch, forget the opener and the heater, purge is a MUST.... On a side note the NX gemini kit seems way easier to install, u just replace the MAF then just plumb it? but im a newbie to the whole nitrous thing. Im sure i could probally come up with some used parts to make a whole. I dont wanna spend more than 700 ( my limit) Wll i need tuning or anythin if im shootin a 100 shot ?
Thanks And Happy Holidays
Old 12-15-2003, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't skimp too much on the safety features, with an m6 you'll definately want a window switch. Also, i'd really suggest something like an air/fuel guage (digital is more accurate unless it's recalibrated) or fuel pressure safety switch. If you're not running one of those, then if the motor happens to go lean it also goes boom. Also, the stock clutch won't hold up too long to nitrous so you'll have to replace that fairly soon. Shouldn't really need tuning yet on a 100 shot with the mods you've got.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

The price of speed is HIGH..... Gotta start savin up..lol
Old 12-16-2003, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

On a NOS system I purge in motor at burnout (1 second or so). Total kit installed (By me), $620 with a full 15lbs bottle.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

umm tell me how this sounds... I found a complete dry kit with WOT,purge and bottle for 300 even... Now even if i add a window switch and install myself it wont go over 400 right ? o its an NOS kit if that makes a diff
Old 12-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Teching In

You can just steal a system for about free... and then install it yourself for about the same price! I am not sure if you can handle it though, your fast time of 13.8 at the racetrack was impressive! I dont know if nitrous will help your time or hurt it, in your case, prolly hurt it, MORON! Good Luck with the Nitrous, considering I will prolly be the one installing it, but why do you always shift from first to third? HAHA! BEEOOTCH
Old 12-23-2003, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

The MSD Window switch sells for $80-90 depending on who you get it from, but as i understand, you have to spend another $35 to send the window switch back to MSD to have it recalibrated to work with the LS1.