Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing to N2O

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

Default Changing to N2O

Long story short I am going from E85 back to regular fuel and adding N2O. My cam is an Ed Curtis 23X/24X 614/614 112, AI 243s and LS6 valves w/ 921 springs.

I am going from the 72# injectors back to 36# injectors. Before E85 I was 412/356 11.8/118 A4. I was wondering how much is safe to run on a stock bottom end 2002 C5 88K motor also I am running the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump to support the E85 do I need change it for no fuel cross contamination and to support the fuel/N2O.

My first time dealing with N2O

thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Really not one reply

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you want to know?
Not many have messed with E85 so I would say get it back to running on gas and spray the **** out of it.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATVracr
What do you want to know?
Not many have messed with E85 so I would say get it back to running on gas and spray the **** out of it.
That's what I am doing going back to regular gas. I thought i was going to save money, and get more HP I got the HP but I am loosing my *** on E85. That is the reason I want to know what is;

1. Best Kit for LS1
2. What would be a safe shot (88K miles on the clock)
3. fuel pump (which is recommended)
4. Injector size, stay with the 36 or go bigger. (they flow 42)

I have a lot of the regular gasoline N/A build stuff so I want to use as much as I can in order to save money. Its a daily driver.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Best Kit for LS1
You need to decide Wet or Dry Kit, then decide on style Nozzle, Plate, Direct Port etc

Safe is relative, and based on your goals

Vette's have a pretty good fuel system, most will recommend a hotwire kit and or a Racetronics (or equivelent) Pump, and or a Boost a pump (like the Kennebell).

If your going with a large dry shot, you may want to go bigger.

Robert will drop by soon...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
1. Best Kit for LS1
You need to decide Wet or Dry Kit, then decide on style Nozzle, Plate, Direct Port etc
Wet, wanted to do direct port but its a little bit (a lot) out of the budget.

Safe is relative, and based on your goals
N/A 11.8 on 91 octane and DRs was my best run before the E85. I want to get to low 11s or high tens

Vette's have a pretty good fuel system, most will recommend a hotwire kit and or a Racetronics (or equivelent) Pump, and or a Boost a pump (like the Kennebell).
Thanks

If your going with a large dry shot, you may want to go bigger.
Wet is safer right?

Robert will drop by soon...
Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02*C5
Wet, wanted to do direct port but its a little bit (a lot) out of the budget.

N/A 11.8 on 91 octane and DRs was my best run before the E85. I want to get to low 11s or high tens

Thanks

Wet is safer right?

Thanks
Beer pretty much hit all of your questions dead on...I really think a direct port is overkill in your application and you can most definitely run a plate system to reach your goals. Now whether its wet or dry is really up to you...there's obvious benefits for either and honestly either will suit you just fine. Don't believe the hype that wet is safer...many will try and sell you on that but you need to sit back and question what their motives are and select a kit based on your needs. You're not going to need a huge shot to reach your goals so concentrate your efforts on plate or nozzles and in your case implementing either a dry or wet kit really wont' be an issue since the common complaint with dry is doing injectors. I assume you're still running a maf based tune?

Nick
Old 01-27-2010, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club

I say leave the big injectors in and spray it DRY.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Beer pretty much hit all of your questions dead on...I really think a direct port is overkill in your application and you can most definitely run a plate system to reach your goals. Now whether its wet or dry is really up to you...there's obvious benefits for either and honestly either will suit you just fine. Don't believe the hype that wet is safer...many will try and sell you on that but you need to sit back and question what their motives are and select a kit based on your needs. You're not going to need a huge shot to reach your goals so concentrate your efforts on plate or nozzles and in your case implementing either a dry or wet kit really wont' be an issue since the common complaint with dry is doing injectors. I assume you're still running a maf based tune?

Nick
Nick,

I am running a MAF tune yes and I know that the computer won't really read the 72# injectors it only reads to 60#. I also think that if I stay with the 72# injectors is over kill. I just need something that will handle the 500+ rwhp after my shot. I have been told that WET is the only way to go w/ LS engines. Also that the #7 cylinder has a nasty habit of over loading due to the stock manifold or is there more to that. I ask because i have a FAST 90. The other thing that I have questions is the solenoids. I know that a lot of "failure" comes from either crappy installation or solenoids giving out. I mean I know I can do a continuity check on them every time I am going to use the system but that does not guarantee safety what system is fail safe when it comes to saving my engine. Also if you can elaborate on the dry vs wet I would appreciate it.

Thanks again
Carlos

Sorry about all the questions I am a newby when it comes to N2O and before I do anything i want to know as much as possible thanks every one for your input thus far.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...-over-dry.html
Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW my eyes have been open the sky has parted and the dove has come down. Seriously I had no idea about how safe a dry shot can be and really how much money you can save to include your interface. I am giggling as I am typing. I will have my kit sooner than I thought.

Thanks a hell of a lot. ATV

Last edited by 02*C5; 01-27-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02*C5
WOW my eyes have been open the sky has parted and the dove has come down. Seriously I had no idea about how safe a dry shot can be and really how much money you can save to include your interface. I am giggling as I am typing. I will have my kit sooner than I thought.

Thanks a hell of a lot.
Maybe I should go back and read that post.... LOL

Good luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ATVracr
I say leave the big injectors in and spray it DRY.
thats what im doing.... all on a stock PCM... 01 c5 z06