Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-002 Launch controller warning.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LNC-002 Launch controller warning.

Ive seen this warning for the LNC-002 launch contoller from thier website
Warnings for use of this product-
Because the LNC-002 acts by disabling spark to individual cylinders, not by disabling fuel like a production RPM limiters it is not meant for use on the street or for use on cars equipped with catalytic converters. The LNC-002 is only for use on race vehicles on the race track. Failure to follow these precautions will result in premature catalyst failure. DO NOT operate the engine with the LNC-002 active for extended periods of time. Because of the raw fuel entering the exhaust, a risk of backfiring exists if you do so.

Since I have read so much praise for this product especially with its timing retard function it sounds like it isn't safe to use on street cars with cats (like mine). Is anyone running cats with this? I was going to use this instead of the timing tuner but now I think I'll stay with that.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man glad you posted this...I got everything I need for my plate kit but was saving for a nitrous retard box...it was down to this and the timing tuner...

Dont have cats though so dont think it would really affect me though,but do play on the streets...

hopefully someone or a vendor will chime in with more knowledge of the lingenfelter unit
Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this warning is only when you use the 2 step fonction(rpm limiter), if you only use timing retard fonction, I dont see why it will damage cat.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the rev limiter that would be the issue as it won't shut down the injectors causing the fuel to be pumped into the exhaust and may overheat your converters.