Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

snowmobile Nitrous kits? $$$

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default snowmobile Nitrous kits? $$$

So I am helping a buddy source the stuff to setup nitrous on his Arctic Cat F8 EFi sled.

All the nitrous kits for snowmobiles are 600-$700, correct me if I am wrong couldn't just get a wet kit from a car, and buy a smaller bottle and still come in cheaper?

Any recommendations would be great!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I remembered the boondocker kits being a little cheaper than that
Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

boondocker turbo FTW

i don't see why you cant buy a small bottle with gauge and -4 nut, feed line, solenoids, more lines and a nozzle? would cost less than 300 i bet
Old 01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah its probably expensive cause not alot of kits out there. I would bet you could do it much cheaper than that.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM Noyzee, he should be able to give you some info on it. I'm pretty sure he has the jug on his.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I emailed the guys over at Dave n20 to see if they could part something together.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
8 second mod

the main reason for this set up is the easy install and operation.
on my carb sled the kit comes with a set up to work with my dpm etc.
wit your buddys f8 your going to need a boondocker box no mater what. is it a new f8 or an f7 with an 800 in it?

either way efi sleds need a boondocker box once you start messing with big mods.
if you get a boondocker box with the nitrous controls you can plug and play.
kick the system on with wot, push button etc. and it will automaticly add fuel when you hit the spray.
a few of my buddys run this set up on the cats and it works great.
we all run boondocker set ups and the main reason is they are made for the right machines all tested and if you use them right they are very safe.

you could by a single nozzle kit for a mustang for cheeper then a plate system for an ls1, but what one will work better and safer. the one made for it.

imo buy a kit that is proven.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the main reason for this set up is the easy install and operation.
on my carb sled the kit comes with a set up to work with my dpm etc.
wit your buddys f8 your going to need a boondocker box no mater what. is it a new f8 or an f7 with an 800 in it?

either way efi sleds need a boondocker box once you start messing with big mods.
if you get a boondocker box with the nitrous controls you can plug and play.
kick the system on with wot, push button etc. and it will automaticly add fuel when you hit the spray.
a few of my buddys run this set up on the cats and it works great.
we all run boondocker set ups and the main reason is they are made for the right machines all tested and if you use them right they are very safe.

you could by a single nozzle kit for a mustang for cheeper then a plate system for an ls1, but what one will work better and safer. the one made for it.

imo buy a kit that is proven.
Its a 2007 F8. Are the boondocker box's compatible with a home build nitrous kit? So I could purchase the boondocker and then build my own nitrous system?

Correct my if I am wrong, but the boondocker has the ability to add fuel when you are on the nitrous. Couldn't you just use a typical wet nitrous system to do this?

Last edited by z28_theantirice; 02-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
8 second mod

the boondocker is plug and play with there kit. it is very very simple to install and tune. boondocker has great starting numbers as well.
you can run a boondocker box and add fuel as needed however you would have to do it by hand through the box. if you have there kit its plug and play. it will automaticly add fuel as needed, it will read bottle pressure, air temp, rpm etc, and it automaticly add the right amount of fuel etc. without there kit you would have to figure out all the different sensors they use and how to wire it, or like i said just change the box when you want to run spray.

a wet kit on a sled is very dangerous do to the extream cold bottle's. even with a heater good luck. the tune up will vary very bad between sitting outside and ice cold bottles then it will change when you start to ride and bottle warms up etc. best bet is to by the right kit. it will pay off in the end.
if dave has a kit for your sled i would think he tested it etc and it should work, just becarful if you think you can just shoot nitrous and fuel into a sled.
2 strokes and spray are A LOT different then our cars on spray.
they blow up pretty much the same, but they are finniky as hell.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the boondocker is plug and play with there kit. it is very very simple to install and tune. boondocker has great starting numbers as well.
you can run a boondocker box and add fuel as needed however you would have to do it by hand through the box. if you have there kit its plug and play. it will automaticly add fuel as needed, it will read bottle pressure, air temp, rpm etc, and it automaticly add the right amount of fuel etc. without there kit you would have to figure out all the different sensors they use and how to wire it, or like i said just change the box when you want to run spray.

a wet kit on a sled is very dangerous do to the extream cold bottle's. even with a heater good luck. the tune up will vary very bad between sitting outside and ice cold bottles then it will change when you start to ride and bottle warms up etc. best bet is to by the right kit. it will pay off in the end.
if dave has a kit for your sled i would think he tested it etc and it should work, just becarful if you think you can just shoot nitrous and fuel into a sled.
2 strokes and spray are A LOT different then our cars on spray.
they blow up pretty much the same, but they are finniky as hell.
Thanks for the input. I will take your recommendation and run with it, seems to be some decent prices on the boondocker stuff on ebay.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
8 second mod

on of my buddys owns a cat dealer here in mass. its called the outdoor shop. he is also a member here on tech. hit him up for pricing, let him know noyzee sent you.
he has it on his 05 f7 (f8 big bore) and his brand new 2010 cfr 800, and a boondocker turbo kit on his cfr 1000!!!
we all run boondocker and we do it for a reason

Quick Reply: snowmobile Nitrous kits? $$$