Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lARGE Zex kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lARGE Zex kit ?'s

When I bought my 98 Z28 it already had a new Zex NOS kit setup. It seems to be hooked up to the bottle along with a warmer and the line is ran from the rear through the fender to a small purple box that says zex. Then from that box there is a single line the moves toward the intake but in tucked and not hooked up to anything.

On my lid...there is a NX threaded piece inserted into the back with nothing hooked to it. ( Im guessing where the nitrous is supposed to hook up). I have no activation switch of anykind to signal the bottle or the warmer wrapped around it. Do I need some sort of switch? How is it then activated? WOT sensor? Thanks guys.

Any and all info could help. Let me know if pics could help as well and I will get them up. I want to get this hooked up the rite way and get going but I feel like I dont know what I am doing.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like a Zex dry kit if it only has one line to and from the box.
Do you know anything about the tune in the vehicle?
fuel system parts? injectors and pump? Spark plugs?
Old 02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

I was told it was a stage colder plug along with a 255 fp. Yeah I assumed it was a dry kit because of the line and threaded nx plug on the back of the air lid. Are these kits WOT activated? Is there a misc. kit I can get with like an activation switch for the bottle warmer and a switch to start up the nitrous....?

Still in the dark a little bit. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by drewwrxrogers
I was told it was a stage colder plug along with a 255 fp. Yeah I assumed it was a dry kit because of the line and threaded nx plug on the back of the air lid. Are these kits WOT activated? Is there a misc. kit I can get with like an activation switch for the bottle warmer and a switch to start up the nitrous....?

There is a internal tps switch. There should also be an arming switch for both the heater and kit. I'd contact original owner or search around for any hidden switches...unless they never had it hooked up?

Nick
Old 02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

When I bought my 98 Z28 it already had a new Zex NOS kit setup. It seems to be hooked up to the bottle along with a warmer and the line is ran from the rear through the fender to a small purple box that says zex. Then from that box there is a single line the moves toward the intake but in tucked and not hooked up to anything.

On my lid...there is a NX threaded piece inserted into the back with nothing hooked to it. ( Im guessing where the nitrous is supposed to hook up). I have no activation switch of anykind to signal the bottle or the warmer wrapped around it. Do I need some sort of switch? Yes you will need some sort of activation switch to turn the nitrous kit on as well as turn the bottle heater on How is it then activated - WOT sensor? The Zex box has an internal TPS feature built into the little purple boxThanks guys.

Any and all info could help. Let me know if pics could help as well and I will get them up. I want to get this hooked up the rite way and get going but I feel like I dont know what I am doing.
I was told it was a stage colder plug along with a 255 fp. Yeah I assumed it was a dry kit because of the line and threaded nx plug on the back of the air lid. Are these kits WOT activated? Correct the Zex kit is activated via the TPS at WOT. Is there a misc. kit I can get with like an activation switch for the bottle warmer and a switch to start up the nitrous....? We offer a switch panel that you can use to activate the nitrous kit and the bottle heater http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=2142

Answers are in Red