Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I change my plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Should I change my plugs??

Im currently running the NGK TR6's and have been reading up on the BR6EF and the BR7EF. The projected vs non projected thread im sure you all have seen LOL

Im only spraying a 100 shot pill and i plan to keep it there until a good while down the road.

My question is would it be worth it to switch out the plugs? I experience idle problems now (common ive seen with the tr6's) but would switching plugs help with the stumbling idle?? Also which of these two plugs would be IDEAL for my bolt on Z???

Last edited by z28_YOU_HO; 02-02-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
Im currently running the NGK TR6's and have been reading up on the BR6EF and the BR7EF. The projected vs non projected thread im sure you all have seen LOL

Im only spraying a 100 shot pill and i plan to keeping it there until a good while down the road.

My question is would it be worth it to switch out the plugs? I experience idle problems now (common ive seen with the tr6's) but would switching plugs help with the stumbling idle?? Also which of these two plugs would be IDEAL for my bolt on Z???
From what I gather unless you are h/c full bolt ons and 150 or better on the hose, the tr6's would be fine. If you don't plan to up the shot tr6's will work just fine. I ran them for three years with a few bolt ons and a 125 shot.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im only spraying a 100 shot pill and i plan to keeping it there until a good while down the road.

The BR6EF's didn't improve my idle over the TR6's, but they sure *felt* better on the spray. I'm spraying a 100 shot as well.

I just swap back over to TR55's when I'm not on the hose. I'll run the BR6EF's permanently when I can tune the car for idle with them in there.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

You shouldnt be having idle problems because of a set of TR6's, something is wrong with your tune. As i mentioned many times before, the TR6's are fine for your setup. If you want to feel more comfortable, go ahead and swap them out.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im on the stock tune though The car does seem to be running very rich..think the o2 sensors are shot..Im about due for a plug change anyways so I think im going to switch them out on wednesday...Would the BR7EF or the BR6EF be the best choice??
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A non projected tip plug would be better in conjuction with nitrous. However we have all used TR6 for years. Going to a different plug is not going to improve the issue you are seeing. Your issue sounds like it is in the drivability part of your tune. You need to work on the tunning.
Dave
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Im on the stock tune though The car does seem to be running very rich..think the o2 sensors are shot..Im about due for a plug change anyways so I think im going to switch them out on wednesday...Would the BR7EF or the BR6EF be the best choice??
Did you not change anything at all? no headers, TB, intake upgrades?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

If you don't have heads and cam and don't plan on changing that anytime soon, get some new tr6's and go get your car tuned affter. With any size shot, you need your car tuned man. If you are not throwing any codes (SES light) then I'd say your 02's are okay. It will drive like a new car after a quality tune.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
If you don't have heads and cam and don't plan on changing that anytime soon, get some new tr6's and go get your car tuned affter. With any size shot, you need your car tuned man. If you are not throwing any codes (SES light) then I'd say your 02's are okay. It will drive like a new car after a quality tune.
WRONG... if he is buying new plugs anyway he should put in BR6EF plugs. I know many people have used TR6 plugs for years, but the projected tip plugs ARE NOT THE BEST plug for nitrous in any given heat range.

It's kind of like drinking bathtub gin to get drunk rather than good booze... People have done it for years with no problems, but you catch that one bad instance and everything hits the fan...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the o2 sensors are bad it should throw a code..
Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
WRONG... if he is buying new plugs anyway he should put in BR6EF plugs. I know many people have used TR6 plugs for years, but the projected tip plugs ARE NOT THE BEST plug for nitrous in any given heat range.

It's kind of like drinking bathtub gin to get drunk rather than good booze... People have done it for years with no problems, but you catch that one bad instance and everything hits the fan...
I was pointing more towards the lack of a tune and the br6's would do just fine as well and would be a little more safe if sprayed alot.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

BR6EF + Tune = Good To Go
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the part number for a br6ef? I really doubt if I walk into autozone or o reilys they are going to know what I am talking about.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA1364
Whats the part number for a br6ef? I really doubt if I walk into autozone or o reilys they are going to know what I am talking about.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...reference.html

ngk-3177

Quick Reply: Should I change my plugs??