Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street tune currently, how to get tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street tune currently, how to get tuned?

Well I'd really like to have my car full tilt when I run N/A since i will only be using the 100-150 shot in certain situations or the track... anyway i can do this i still havn't been dyno tuned yet so..

I was reading up on those timing retarders

Last edited by Gun5; 02-05-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
Well I'd really like to have my car full tilt when I run N/A since i will only be using the 100-150 shot in certain situations or the track... anyway i can do this i still havn't been dyno tuned yet so..

I was reading up on those timing retarders
A timing retard device is probably the easiest way...I'd still recommend getting up on the dyno or at least verify where your timing is at now.

Nick
Old 02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Ryan if you are wanting to run your max potential N/A and max N20 power then you will need to get a timing controller. My suggestion would be to get the Lingenfelter unit http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467 . Also regardless of the timing box you use you will need to still get he car on the dyno to check AFR and get it tuned.

PS: sorry for not calling you back..i was tired and somehow fell asleep early in my recliner.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tune the car on the bottle on the street or at the track... Dynos generally won't load the car EXACTLY the same as it will be loaded in real world situations, leading to issues in the tune up... I've seen cars make power safely on a dyno with 3-4 degrees more timing and 2-3% less fuel than they could safely make on the street/track