Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Tuner question for LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing Tuner question for LT1

I just got a Horsepower in a Box Timing Tuner to retard for my nitrous so i can run a N/A and N2O tune. My question is.. it says you use the crankshaft postion sensor for the box to detect and retard timing. I am running an MSD distributor in my LT1 Camaro and it does not run off of the crankshaft postion sensor. How am i supposed to wire this up? Thanks

-Austin
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NSTIGATR
I just got a Horsepower in a Box Timing Tuner to retard for my nitrous so i can run a N/A and N2O tune. My question is.. it says you use the crankshaft postion sensor for the box to detect and retard timing. I am running an MSD distributor in my LT1 Camaro and it does not run off of the crankshaft postion sensor. How am i supposed to wire this up? Thanks

-Austin
Austin,

The timing tuners aren't going to work in your case since its designed to run off of the crank position sensors on the LS motors.

Nick
Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Becasue you have a LT1 car your only options are to go with an MSD Digital 6 box or the Mallory 685 box.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

or any of the other timing retard devices that work with the old style ignition boxes

MSD, Mallory, Crane, Jacobs, etc
Old 02-14-2010, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys, yea ended up installing an msd digital 6 and digital window switch! like also having the two step in the digital 6 box for my 6-spd setup