Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

275 Real Street Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 275 Real Street Build

I'm thinking about build a car for the new 275 class. I would want it to be able to fit into some local classes decently but since I've just sold soem of my turbo items I'm starting from scratch. What would you build engine wise for the 275 class. I'm thinking a 427 @ 3060lbs. with a stout solid roller 427 with some nice heads and a 400-500 shot and a 4500 4 barrel setup. I would like to run Trick Flow heads if they can keep up, a vic sr or Cary's intake. Below are the revised rules. What would you build. Are the 6 bolt heads worth the weight. Is the 440 or larger worth the extra weight? I don't mind going larger on the motor and adding weight for this one race so I can race locally with a bigger motor.

The LSX Real Street class is a heads up class that is designed for GM bodied and LS powered cars with a power adder that are running on a True 10.5 wide slick or DOT 275 drag radial tire. GM Bodied and GM LS powered vehicles only. Entries are limited to only one type of power adder. Class will qualify on a sportsman ladder and will run heads-up using a .400 pro tree. All vehicles must pass a NHRA/IHRA safety inspection for ET and speed.

WEIGHT BREAKS

All minimum weights are with driver.

POWER ADDER BASE CUBIC INCHES WEIGHT

Nitrous 420 3000

Nitrous 440 3150

Supercharger 420 3200

Supercharger 440 3350

Turbocharger 420 3400

Turbocharger 440 3500

Maximum cubic inches for all combinations is 480

If actual cubic-inch is more than base cubic inch listing, there will be a weight penalty of 8.5 lbs per cubic inch assessed to base weights, up to the maximum cubic inch permitted in the class.

WEIGHT ADDER/DEDUCTS

*4 bolt per cylinder OEM blocks deduct 50 lbs.

** superchargers add 150 lbs.

OEM composite or OEM style aluminum intakes deduct 25 pounds

#Sheet metal intakes add 50 lbs.

Dry sumps add 50 pounds

Entries without intercooler deduct 100 pounds (Except Nitrous combinations)

Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 pounds

IRS to solid axle entries add 75 pounds

ENGINE: Must be a GM LS style block. Aftermarket cast iron or cast aluminum blocks permitted. Billet blocks prohibited. *4 bolt per cylinder OEM blocks deduct 50 pounds

HEADS: Must be GM LS Based inline valve OEM or aftermarket cast aluminum head. Billet heads prohibited. Canted valve heads prohibited.

INTAKE MANIFOLD: OEM or aftermarket composite or OEM style cast aluminum aftermarket intakes permitted deduct 25 pounds. Cast aluminum carb style intakes permitted. Intake must be generally available and mass produced. Sheet metal intakes permitted add 50 pounds.

NITROUS OXIDE: Nitrous Oxide entries are restricted to 1 stage fogger system , 1 stage plate system, or a two stage single nozzle system. Progressive controller permitted. Push systems permitted.

SUPERCHARGERS: Single Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted. Entries may use forward facing units vehicles may not source air from hole in front bumper or valance.

PERMITTED SUPERCHARGERS: The following part numbers are the only permitted supercharger systems & exact units permitted:

Procharger-F1, F1A, F1C,** , D1, D1X, D1R, P600, D1SC, P1SC, P1SC-2, P1SC-H

Vortech-XI**, YSI, V1, A, B, S-trim, Si-trim, V-3-Si-trim

Paxton Novi 2000, SN, VR4, 1000

**Add 150 pounds to base weight

F1R Prohibited.

SINGLE TURBOCHARGER: maximum size 76.0mm/2.992-Inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.072” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; e, g ,. The contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Reducers prohibited. Turbocharger combinations may NOT source air from hole in bumper or from valance of vehicle.

INTERCOOLER: Intercooler may be air to air or air to water. Intercooler may not obstruct driver from exiting vehicle. Entries without intercooler deduct 100 pounds.(Except Nitrous combinations) Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 pounds.

CARBURETOR: A single 4150 or 4500 style carburetor permitted on all combinations. .

FUEL INJECTION: Fuel injection must be electronic. A maximum of two throttle bodies permitted. Any size fuel injector permitted. Maximum of 8 injectors permitted. Commercially available plug in chips and stock type add on systems accepted. Aftermarket EFI systems such as DFI, FAST, etc., are permitted. Laptops of any type are not permitted in vehicle during competition.

OILING SYSTEM: Dry sumps permitted. Add 50 pounds

EXHAUST: Mufflers are required on all combinations. Exhaust may exit underneath car away from driver.

FUEL: Gasoline is the only excepted fuel.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Only Any OEM American automatic transmission allowed. Converter driven planetary transmissions are prohibited. Electric shifters or air shifters are prohibited. Trans Brakes are permitted.

SUSPENSION: Stock style suspension cars only. Aftermarket bolt-on replacement front K-members are allowed (if front shocks bolt to K-member then they must be in factory location). Mini tubs are allowed. Stock unaltered frame rails required in front sub frame. Stock rear sub frames are required, but outer frame rail portion only may be notched for tire clearance only. When notching, stock inboard section of rear frame rails must remain stock, unaltered, and in stock location. Rear frame rails must remain in OEM stock condition in all areas. Four links and back half cars are prohibited. Aftermarket direct replacement components such as: front control arms, rear control arms, front coil over shocks, and rear coil over shocks are permitted. Aftermarket rack and pinion steering permitted. Bolt-on or welded sub-frame connectors, rear sway bars, are permitted on all cars. Torque arms are only permitted on cars that came originally equipped from factory (with exception of IRS conversion cars). Cars originally equipped with rear wheel drive Independent rear suspension will be permitted to convert to solid axle and OEM design torque arm i.e., Corvette, GTO, 5th Gen Camaro with a 75 pound weight adder

WHEELIE BARS: Prohibited

BODY: The car must retain its original appearance, profiles, and dimensions. Factory roof and quarter panels must be used. Aftermarket fiberglass/carbon replacement panels
are limited to hood. Aftermarket wings and spoilers are permitted. Complete stock appearing front and rear bumpers are required. A hood must cover the entire induction system. Only OEM style Forward facing hood scoops are permitted.

INTERIOR: Must maintain stock appearance; including factory OEM style dashboard, headliner & steering column cover. Floor and tunnel where visible must be upholstered or carpeted. Seats must be upholstered OEM or aftermarket seats in stock location. Rear seat may be removed when roll bar/roll cage are installed; area must be carpeted or upholstered.

WINDSHIELD/WINDOWS: OEM safety glass or Lexan permitted

STREET EQUIPMENT: Headlights, taillights and brake lights required. All headlights, brake lights, marker lights, etc must be on car and not removed for any
reason. All vehicles must be driven to the staging lanes, but may be towed back after crossing the scales.

TIRES: 275 DOT Drag radial or a 28.0” x 10.5” slick, (no “W” tires permitted) only. Actual measured tread of tire is limited to 10.75 inches. Tire width will be measured by a “go-no go” gauge. Tire width will be measured after conclusion of run at scale area. Tire shaving is prohibited.

BALLAST
Must be NHRA/IHRA approved mounting - Maximum 100# per individual weight bar
No loose or unsecured ballast allowed and will be grounds for disqualification. Vehicles are required to cross scales after each qualifying run and eliminations rounds. Vehicles must be driven to the lanes. Vehicle cannot be towed until it passes the scales.

NMCA REQUIRED DECALS:

NMCA WINDSHIELD DECAL – must be installed on top of windshield. This NMCA decal must be the only decal on top of windshield. Other vehicle sponsor decals may be placed at base of windshield.

NMCA SIDE DECAL- must be installed on side widow of vehicle.

CLASS SPONSOR DEACAL- GM Performance Parts decal must be installed on lower right side of front windshield.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This looks really similar to the class that everyone was complaining about recently with the rules revised.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Theirs a guy around here that went 8.70's with a similar set-up. Trickflow 245's solid roller, wilson intake and a 300 or 400 shot.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

I'm trying to decide if it can get done with tfs 245-265's or do I need to drop the money for c5r etc heads. I would prefer to run the trick flows if they can make the power.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

I asked in the shootout thread about times and they said 8.20's will win the class. Nobody that i know has went that fast with trickflows as of now.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

You ain't gonna build ****! You're all talk. We all know you're scared of this little ole stock 364.

Less talking more parts ordering! I'm not building your car a week before the race again. I need that time to do all the work i've been putting off doing to my car.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

pshhh what you really need to be worrying about is my firechicken

all noise, no go