Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on rebuilding my nx solenoids

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions on rebuilding my nx solenoids

I bought a used 20118 kit last year and used it for about half a season, Only managed to run 3 bottles through it. Sine it has sat all winter and who knows how old the solenoids are I wanted to rebuild them, Does nx make a complete kit or is there just certain parts you replace like just the piston? I was looking at the piston replacements and there are 3 different orifice sizes how do I know which one I have? My solenoids says "Iceman" on them.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Just send them in for cleaning and rebuild if necessary. Lifetime warranty on parts, IIRC. You'll just have shipping costs (both ways). Mine are at NX right now for a check-up.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Are you or did you have any issues with them that would warrant a rebuild?

Nick
Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No I havent had any trouble with them, I've just read through this section that they should be opened up once a year for maintence, Nitrous is just not something that I want to let go, Would royally suck if they were to stick open or something.

BTW, Over on the s10forum that I mainly hang out Ive gotten a lot of questions about the microedge I bought. Its a great product thanks!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

More often that not the only thing needing replacing in the noids will be the piston/ spring. If you wanted to you can check out the noids yourself instead of having to send them in.

If you want ot give me a shout here at the shop and i can walk you through how to take the noid apart.