Launcher Progressive Nitrous Controller with LCD touch screen
PART#15975NOS

OR

Programmable Progressive Nitrous Controller
PART#15834NOS w/ Safety Application Kit PART#0050NOS
Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Launcher would be, but if you don't want to spend the big $$, you could always look into the NOS Mini, which is what I run and I like it alot.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

no experience with those, but have you looked into Harris Speedworks MicroEDGE Progressive controller???? NICE unit!!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

+3 for a microedge and interface,very affordable too
Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Microedge here too. Works flawlessly and real easy to use. I love mine.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the microedge+, you cant beat it for $250
Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a MicroEdge.

MicroEdge>All
Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

I too like others above stated run the MicroEdge. It really is a nice piece!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone ever run an FJO then switch to a microedge?
Im also looking to spray the juice soon
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Check out the microedge + if you're looking for a controller that can do quite a bit on a healthy budget...

Nick
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Check out the microedge + if you're looking for a controller that can do quite a bit on a healthy budget...

Nick
I had my mind made up on the nitrous launcher with LCD touch screen but can you tell me if your microedge have the the same features or less? Realy didn't mind spending more money if it has more features.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are alot of options on the market as far as controllers. There is not a controller on the market that can compare to the features or build quality the launcher series offers.

The thing to ask your self is what features are you really going to use. Also be careful some controllers offer features that may not be the best way of setting the system up just so they can make it look like the controller has alot of features.

If you do not need al the features of the launcher you may want to check out the NOS mini or the FJO mini..

And another option is our digital progressive... It has all the basic needed features such as progressive ramp, window switch, tps activation, and restart feature for only 149.00
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...3&product=4004
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GIO-305
I had my mind made up on the nitrous launcher with LCD touch screen but can you tell me if your microedge have the the same features or less? Realy didn't mind spending more money if it has more features.
They're both very competitive in the features department. There are some minor differences, but honestly not much. Both have wideband a/f shutdowns (microEDGE can use narrowband sensor as well, but wideband is always suggested), both have pedal delays, as well as a few other delays, tps, dual stage (NOS can do 4 with add on slave unit)....both have non-linear curve adjustment. MicroEDGE + you can custom tailor each gear's progressive curve to suit your needs. On the fly file switching is also a pretty neat thing to have as well as you can custom suit the backlight to display what file you're in without having to fumble around. All of the programming is done via the unit itself so no need for a laptop, just like the NOS launcher unit. MicroEDGE + also has a digital bottle contents indicator...pretty handy for consumption and a nice replacement for removing the bottle and weighing it.

Honestly it all really comes down to what you'd like in a controller. You can see above all of the happy customers using the MicroEDGE, just as there are plenty of happy people using the NOS unit. Lets not kid around either, there is a pretty big price difference between the two...If a touch screen and map based progressive are important to you, then go that route...if individual gear non-linear graphs, on the fly file system and bottle contents indicator are more your style, then the MicroEDGE + is probably the unit to go with. Either option is great and we'd love to have your business.

Also, if you're not quite ready for a progressive unit, you can always start with the MicroEDGE and upgrade it to the progressive unit down the road. Just another thought. Feel free to give me a call or PM me and we can discuss your build in greater detail and determine what's your best option. Thanks.

nick
Old 02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
There are alot of options on the market as far as controllers. There is not a controller on the market that can compare to the features or build quality the launcher series offers.

The thing to ask your self is what features are you really going to use. Also be careful some controllers offer features that may not be the best way of setting the system up just so they can make it look like the controller has alot of features.

If you do not need al the features of the launcher you may want to check out the NOS mini or the FJO mini..

And another option is our digital progressive... It has all the basic needed features such as progressive ramp, window switch, tps activation, and restart feature for only 149.00
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...3&product=4004
Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
They're both very competitive in the features department. There are some minor differences, but honestly not much. Both have wideband a/f shutdowns (microEDGE can use narrowband sensor as well, but wideband is always suggested), both have pedal delays, as well as a few other delays, tps, dual stage (NOS can do 4 with add on slave unit)....both have non-linear curve adjustment. MicroEDGE + you can custom tailor each gear's progressive curve to suit your needs. On the fly file switching is also a pretty neat thing to have as well as you can custom suit the backlight to display what file you're in without having to fumble around. All of the programming is done via the unit itself so no need for a laptop, just like the NOS launcher unit. MicroEDGE + also has a digital bottle contents indicator...pretty handy for consumption and a nice replacement for removing the bottle and weighing it.

Honestly it all really comes down to what you'd like in a controller. You can see above all of the happy customers using the MicroEDGE, just as there are plenty of happy people using the NOS unit. Lets not kid around either, there is a pretty big price difference between the two...If a touch screen and map based progressive are important to you, then go that route...if individual gear non-linear graphs, on the fly file system and bottle contents indicator are more your style, then the MicroEDGE + is probably the unit to go with. Either option is great and we'd love to have your business.

Also, if you're not quite ready for a progressive unit, you can always start with the MicroEDGE and upgrade it to the progressive unit down the road. Just another thought. Feel free to give me a call or PM me and we can discuss your build in greater detail and determine what's your best option. Thanks.

nick
Thank you very much. You guys have been very helpful.

Nick, thanks for the detailed post.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

any word on NX progressive kit?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 AM
9 Second Club

All you need is the Nitrous outlet digital one. You do not need on the ones you mentioned above.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
All you need is the Nitrous outlet digital one. You do not need on the ones you mentioned above.
Please explain why?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by coop875
any word on NX progressive kit?
NX offers the Maximizer 3, which has all of the features of the FJO Mini Controller plus the following:

The Max 3 has the ability to select how the controller reapplies nitrous after a throttle-lift situation (Tire spin). One option will make the controller continue with the same power after the throttle is reapplied. The other option will simply restart the progressive map when the throttle is reapplied. This allows you to fine-tune the controller to your application.

The Max 3 can adjust nitrous flow based on time, RPM, or throttle percentage.

The Max 3 can handle up to 80 amps on a single stage.

The Max 3 is compatible with a Davis Technologies Traction Control Module.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIO-305
Sorry if I missed it but what kit are you running, Foggers, plate, shot. Just wondering
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Teching In

^^Going with Nitrous Outet wet with LMR built in plate 102mm throttle body & nano

Quick Reply: Opinion on which nitrous controllers