Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Nitrous Outlet plate Q's First time user.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LT1 Nitrous Outlet plate Q's First time user.

Ok so I have a 94 z28 with 50k on it well maintained, im removing the powerdyne supercharger and replacing it with a nitrous outlet plate kit, the motor is stock except for full exhaust, 1.6 rr's, edelbrock 52mm TB, in-line fuel pump, and the PD which is coming off, im planning on running a 100 shot on the stock motor, is this ok? when I rebuild it it will have forged pistons and AI H/C but thats not until later in the year then I will be running a 150 shot, what do I need? will the motor last? I plan on having it tuned after the install.

How do you use nitrous? how many runs can I get on a 100 shot from a 10lb bottle? does it spray through all the gears? I have NEVER been in a nitrous car nor have I ever known anybody with it. its cheap here in cali. (2.97 lb) and I will probably go through one bottle a month once I spray a few times to get it out of my system how reliable are the N/O kits? will I have to worry about anything? school me please.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick94LT1
Ok so I have a 94 z28 with 50k on it well maintained, im removing the powerdyne supercharger and replacing it with a nitrous outlet plate kit, the motor is stock except for full exhaust, 1.6 rr's, edelbrock 52mm TB, in-line fuel pump, and the PD which is coming off, im planning on running a 100 shot on the stock motor, is this ok? when I rebuild it it will have forged pistons and AI H/C but thats not until later in the year then I will be running a 150 shot, what do I need? will the motor last? I plan on having it tuned after the install.

How do you use nitrous? how many runs can I get on a 100 shot from a 10lb bottle? does it spray through all the gears? I have NEVER been in a nitrous car nor have I ever known anybody with it. its cheap here in cali. (2.97 lb) and I will probably go through one bottle a month once I spray a few times to get it out of my system how reliable are the N/O kits? will I have to worry about anything? school me please.
On the LT1 engine you can safely spray up to a 150 shot on the stock bottom end. The good thing is with our plate system it can support your needs now and in the future when you want to spray more.

I would suggest using our digital windowswitch to controll the system. It will tell the system when you are at wide open throttle and with in the programed rpm.

Take some time and read this. http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

You can call us and talk one on one with a technical advisor and we can explain things to you from scratch.
Dave

Quick Reply: LT1 Nitrous Outlet plate Q's First time user.