Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NANO's Latest Magazine Article!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NANO's Latest Magazine Article!!

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...tem/index.html

3 tenths and almost 9mph in the 1/8th!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Very nice article
Old 02-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Go nano! Everyday gets more proven! Will never run a nitrous system without it. Thanks Mark
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is pretty cool, just in a add on bottle that can be picked up for 300.00 bucks yeilds .3 tenths in the 8th. Can't imagine what that maybe in the 1/4.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Congrats!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! I'm a total n2o noob, the shop is in the middle of my plate kit/nano install on the Viper. Hopefully it should be fun!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Nice! I'm a total n2o noob, the shop is in the middle of my plate kit/nano install on the Viper. Hopefully it should be fun!
Can you please post or send pics to sales@nanonitrous.com when your done?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Can you please post or send pics to sales@nanonitrous.com when your done?
Most definitely! I was curious how many setups were on Vipers yet, any ideas?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

Very impressive.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
8 Second Club

nice gains. I'm fairly new (or just recently more active) on this site. What kind of gains would be seen on a common man's 150-200hp shot? On a 500hp shot that probably decays pressure around 50psi/sec, of course you'll see notable improvements. But an .063 jet that would only decay the pressure 12-15psi/sec, I don't think the gains would be nearly as substantial. Have any data for that type of application?

No disrespect for you or your product, clearly it works. Just looking for more input where I would end up using it..
Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NOS327
nice gains. I'm fairly new (or just recently more active) on this site. What kind of gains would be seen on a common man's 150-200hp shot? On a 500hp shot that probably decays pressure around 50psi/sec, of course you'll see notable improvements. But an .063 jet that would only decay the pressure 12-15psi/sec, I don't think the gains would be nearly as substantial. Have any data for that type of application?

No disrespect for you or your product, clearly it works. Just looking for more input where I would end up using it..
-no need for a bottle heater
-back to back runs
-consistent runs
-uses all the nitrous from the bottle
-perfect afr down track
-every run feels like the first
-instant pressure

-keeps your nitrous in dense liquid, liquid equals more power over heated vapor, so we have to add fuel

In the summer you do need to keep your bottle below 85. You can purge it, put ice on it, damp rag, or keep in the shade.

Last edited by Brad@NANO Direct; 02-16-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What it basically does is you make more power through the same jet down track and therefore need to change your tune because it will go lean up track.

Now your normal user wont gain 3 tenths just like that. 500 through a single 10lber is a lot. He uses two bottles or a 15 lber and it would prolly gain up top. There are also other ways to help pressure drop. There is no doubt it should run better with a NANO because of down track pressure stays the same based on more pressure through that same jet.

Again im just rambling and in now way bashing the product, actually I would be interested to some testing on my cam only car if we could make it work for the both of us. I just want to clear up some of the grey area some people might not see.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camscam02
What it basically does is you make more power through the same jet down track and therefore need to change your tune because it will go lean up track.

Now your normal user wont gain 3 tenths just like that. 500 through a single 10lber is a lot. He uses two bottles or a 15 lber and it would prolly gain up top. There are also other ways to help pressure drop. There is no doubt it should run better with a NANO because of down track pressure stays the same based on more pressure through that same jet.

Again im just rambling and in now way bashing the product, actually I would be interested to some testing on my cam only car if we could make it work for the both of us. I just want to clear up some of the grey area some people might not see.
Actually the car in the article was in the 1/8th. All the gains we have seen in the 1/4 mile on lsx stuff has been 2 to 5 tenths. You got to remember most of the users on this board are using 300 and less hp. In the quarter this low hp range still really shines when using NANO.

Take this fellow member for example, before and after NANO on a stock ls1.

http://www.nanonitrous.com/jefferypelc.shtm

Also, a NANO system would look really nice in the back of your black Z.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Actually the car in the article was in the 1/8th. All the gains we have seen in the 1/4 mile on lsx stuff has been 2 to 5 tenths. You got to remember most of the users on this board are using 300 and less hp. In the quarter this low hp range still really shines when using NANO.

Take this fellow member for example, before and after NANO on a stock ls1.

http://www.nanonitrous.com/jefferypelc.shtm

Also, a NANO system would look really nice in the back of your black Z.
I understand it was in the 1/8, but flowing that much nitrous out of a 10lb bottle even for 4 secs will take a toll, if he were to upgrade to twin bottles etc he could help with the pressure drop which your kit basically takes care of. With consistent pressure you have consistent flow through the jet which is basically introducing more nitrous to the motor and that is where your gains are coming from. It does work there is no doubt.

I'd love to do some testing for you, this site, and the Lsx community if we could arrange something. I think having your system on one of the fastest stock bottom end cars would be beneficial for the both of us along with some great back to back testing, same day, same jet, same bottles, same pressure, same weather etc to really nail it down. Let me know.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

I understand it was in the 1/8, but flowing that much nitrous out of a 10lb bottle even for 4 secs will take a toll, if he were to upgrade to twin bottles etc he could help with the pressure drop which your kit basically takes care of. With consistent pressure you have consistent flow through the jet which is basically introducing more nitrous to the motor and that is where your gains are coming from. It does work there is no doubt.

I'd love to do some testing for you, this site, and the Lsx community if we could arrange something. I think having your system on one of the fastest stock bottom end cars would be beneficial for the both of us along with some great back to back testing, same day, same jet, same bottles, same pressure, same weather etc to really nail it down. Let me know.
You are probably right, getting it on one of the fastest bottom end cars would be beneficial. Purchase and test away.

http://nano-nitrous.com/wheretobuy.shtml

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...searchResult=5
Old 02-19-2010, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good brad
Old 02-19-2010, 03:43 AM
12 Second Club

looks like 2 10lb bottles to me?

Chad
Old 02-19-2010, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

Nice article.

Ive said it before and I will say it again!!!

Make SURE there is someone in the local area that will fill your bottle to spec before purchasing this kit. I bought it in 2007 without knowing how hard it would be to get the bottle filled... so I had to resort to heating my bottle most of the time.

I would love to have this setup on my car again if there was a guarantee that there was someone that could fill it for me... but its a waste if not obvisously.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Nano was featured in the Nitrous oxide Performance Handbook if you already did not know.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Looking good brad
Thanks man, let me know what we need to do to get ready for summer this year!

Quick Reply: NANO's Latest Magazine Article!!