Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding 2nd stage dry kit to my lt1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding 2nd stage dry kit to my lt1

Hi guys I have been thinking about adding a second stage dry kit to my car. The car currently has a single nozzle wet kit on it. My buddy has a dry kit that bumps up the fuel pressure along with a wet kit on his lt1 and has been running it that way for years with no problems. Should I go that route or go with a HSW interface to control the extra fuel needs for the dry kit? Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not put a second wet kit on it?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought about that but didnt want to run into fuel puddling with the intake. I have ported intake ported heads and built shortblock just trying find easiest way to go.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

easiest is adding a second wet kit on the car.

If you run a dry kit that bumps up the fuel pressure you will be pushing more fuel through the wet kit as well

I have to ask...why are you wanting multiple stages and how much in each stage are you wanting to run?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking maybe leave the line on a 75 and then bring on another 150 once rolling. I have thought about running a big shot on a single stage but its up in the air.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In all honesty I would stay wet and save your self a huge headache. You will see much better easier to acheive results that way. You may also concider throwing aprogressive on what you already have.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How big of a shot on a wet kit could I go before I had to worry about fuel puddling on a ported intake?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuel puddling is a myth.. The only reason why the fuel would fall out would be that the tune up is way way way to rich. Now at some point some intakes run into distribution issues causing a hot cylinder but it has nothing to do with fuel puddling.

The LT1 intake is known for number 8 and 6 having distribution issues. Anything over 200 with out going directport could be an issue. reading the spark plugs as you move up in the power range will tell you if you are starting to have an issue fbefore it becomes an issue. If using a nozzles system nozzle placement is very important. If using a plate and its not ours take it off. Our plate is the only plate on the market designed for the flow charastics of the LT1 intake manifold.
Dave
Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kierstyn
Hi guys I have been thinking about adding a second stage dry kit to my car. The car currently has a single nozzle wet kit on it. My buddy has a dry kit that bumps up the fuel pressure along with a wet kit on his lt1 and has been running it that way for years with no problems. Should I go that route or go with a HSW interface to control the extra fuel needs for the dry kit? Any suggestions?
What year is your car? What other mods do you have? What injectors? Quite a bit of variables to make sure you'll be okay running a second stage dry. Shoot me a PM and lets discuss.

Nick
Old 03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Nick I gave you guys a call and mine is a 94 so the interface wont work for me. I may upgrade my wet kit and go to a bigger single stage shot. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Launching!

there's some misinformation in this thread but i don't feel like getting into a huge argument that this always leads to.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kierstyn
Hey Nick I gave you guys a call and mine is a 94 so the interface wont work for me. I may upgrade my wet kit and go to a bigger single stage shot. Thanks for the help guys.
Sounds good. Glad we could help.

Nick