Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much spray on TSP 408ci?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How much spray on TSP 408ci?

Hey guys...i have a quick question?

How much can i spray on my TSP 408ci?

when i dynoed it last..it ran 10.5-11.5 afr at wot
526whp
478trq

6200rpm

few mods.....ms4, 42lbs greens, ported fast 90/90, fast fuel lines, fuel pump.. s60, 243 cnc port/polish, 4.10 ..t-56 blah blah...

my friend has a nos dry sniper kit with everything...hes willing to let me barrow it to race this guys supra...

please..i no the best way is to dyno tune it...but its just for this weekend

super ish talking douche bag.........btw lol...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

dont do it without a tune it was probably tuned for n/a so it will have too much timing in it for the juice

i definitely wouldnt put a dry kit on it without a tune

if you just have to do it then i wouldnt spray any more than a 50 shot but i highly recommend you dont do it unless you have a pocket full of money for another motor
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 PM
8 Second Club

Was the motor built for it when you ordered the short block from them. You can safley spary 150 maybee more depending on ring gaps
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

yea..it was built for boost....an just never got around to goin turbo or supercharged.....my afr was 10.5-11.5 at wot..running super rich...the tune it has was to support juice..just not sure on the details..
Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lazyboi808
yea..it was built for boost....an just never got around to goin turbo or supercharged.....my afr was 10.5-11.5 at wot..running super rich...the tune it has was to support juice..just not sure on the details..
if your sure your tune was setup for it then you can try a little,i still dont think i would do it with a dry kit

dry kit is all spray and no fuel,if your car is running 10.5 afr then maybe but if it is closer to 11.5 you will probably be lean on a good shot

and no matter how good a tuner is they cant really predict anything because every setup is different even if it has the exact same parts
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedcrazy2
if your sure your tune was setup for it then you can try a little,i still dont think i would do it with a dry kit

dry kit is all spray and no fuel,if your car is running 10.5 afr then maybe but if it is closer to 11.5 you will probably be lean on a good shot
wow your kinda off there dude, a dry shot sprays through your maf so the ecu sees the extra air and colder air and adds all the fuel it needs, i dont want a huge wet vs dry war but its no more dangerous to spray dry then it is wet
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
wow your kinda off there dude, a dry shot sprays through your maf so the ecu sees the extra air and colder air and adds all the fuel it needs, i dont want a huge wet vs dry war but its no more dangerous to spray dry then it is wet
yes i know how it works

im not saying it is more dangerous, i just dont think it is a good idea without a tune
did i say it was more dangerous than a wet shot?although i think it is without tuning,if it is tuned then no it is not

would you recommend a dry shot without a tune?

you are trusting the computer to do all the fuel for you which is fine to me as long as you are tuning and monitoring it

im just telling him that i wouldnt spray it without making sure his tune is okay
wet or dry,who knows what kinda timing he has in it

a/f could be fine and the car might still be detonating
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

yes i know how it works

im not saying it is more dangerous, i just dont think it is a good idea without a tune
did i say it was more dangerous than a wet shot?although i think it is without tuning,if it is tuned then no it is not

you are trusting the computer to do all the fuel for you which is fine to me as long as you are tuning and monitoring it

im just telling him that i wouldnt spray it without making sure his tune is okay
wet or dry,who knows what kinda timing he has in it

a/f could be fine and the car might still be detonating
so you guys are saying everyone in here that sprays there car, is fully tuned for the juice? thats kinda hard to believe..i was thinking 100 or 150 most....its only this race...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

so you guys are saying everyone in here that sprays there car, is fully tuned for the juice? thats kinda hard to believe..i was thinking 100 or 150 most....its only this race...
no thats not what im saying,i sprayed a completely stock tune with a 150 shot for a long time,i did check the a/f on a dyno and made sure the plugs looked ok but no tune changes were made

what concerns me is you might have too much timing in it,you might not

btw what plugs are u running?

you just have to ask yourself if it is a risk you are willing to take

Last edited by speedcrazy2; 03-04-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much you can spray depends on alot of factors. First factor being the internals in the engine and what they are rated to handle, fuel system, and method of doing it pluss many other factors..

Safely and properly done with out knowing your intire set up I would say with the right tune up, enough fuel system and the right spark plug you could spray 150..

Adding any nitrous system to a car and not tuning it to the system is just asking for complications. Nitrous is a wonderful cost affective way of adding power but It is not forgiving no matter what the horse power level is.. Do it wrong and you will be putting a motor in it. Plain and simple. It only takes that one time..

Want to run nitrous and not hurt it. Do it right.. Dont care if you hurt it or not for that one time race...? Please get it one video I always like watching them.lol
Dave
Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hahaha I'm with you Nitro Dave, if you don't care get it on tape and let us see it. But on a serious note man that one race is not worth it. Get it tuned first then you can race all year!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys...i have a quick question?

How much can i spray on my TSP 408ci?

when i dynoed it last..it ran 10.5-11.5 afr at wot
526whp
478trq

6200rpm

few mods.....ms4, 42lbs greens, ported fast 90/90, fast fuel lines, fuel pump.. s60, 243 cnc port/polish, 4.10 ..t-56 blah blah...

my friend has a nos dry sniper kit with everything...hes willing to let me barrow it to race this guys supra...

please..i no the best way is to dyno tune it...but its just for this weekend

super ish talking douche bag.........btw lol...
Why is it so rich n/a? I'd get it dialed in n/a before moving onto anything else.

For the motor, I believe TSP put some guidelines in their descriptions if you're planning on spraying it and they would definitely be the ones to talk to if they did the short block.

Nick
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Launching!

don't u trust your computer to run things when you are not spraying....
and no i wouldn't spray without a tune, hell no, i spent way too much getting this engine built. but i have heard of people running small shots with no tune, but i wouldn't without pulling some timing. but yeah i run all dry and let my maf see it and add fuel
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
don't u trust your computer to run things when you are not spraying....
and no i wouldn't spray without a tune, hell no, i spent way too much getting this engine built. but i have heard of people running small shots with no tune, but i wouldn't without pulling some timing. but yeah i run all dry and let my maf see it and add fuel
n/a is a completely different story you know that,you do spray a dry and let the maf do all the work but i bet you had it tuned to make sure it was doing it right

i have seen people spray dry shots where the maf didnt add enough fuel and they were running too lean for my blood

the whole thing is like you stated he spent alot of money and i personally wouldnt spray it without a tune

im not trying to argue with anyone i just like to make sure people are safe and i would never recommend doing that
i would recommend spraying a small shot on a stock motor and tune without tuning before i would on a built motor that was previously tuned to who knows what
Old 03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

I'm running tr55 almost brand new.

42lbs green tops. Fuel pump. Fast fuel lines.

I just got 100 shot nozzle.

The motor was tuned for boost or juice application using efi live about a year ago.

I run 60 psi pressure at idle and about 75 -85psi under load. Gauge is bouncy. So roughly.

Yea I'm def getting of video cause this moron and his friend are the supposivly fastest guys in oahu. I will put that to the test.

One guy get a k20 turbo ek hatch. Says 500hp.

The other guy supra. Single turbo upgrade 650hp

Lastly. Kb cobra. 600hp

Hence these are are claims on how much they push.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

I'm running tr55 almost brand new.

42lbs green tops. Fuel pump. Fast fuel lines.

I just got 100 shot nozzle.

The motor was tuned for boost or juice application using efi live about a year ago.

I run 60 psi pressure at idle and about 75 -85psi under load. Gauge is bouncy. So roughly.

Yea I'm def getting of video cause this moron and his friend are the supposivly fastest guys in oahu. I will put that to the test.

One guy get a k20 turbo ek hatch. Says 500hp.

The other guy supra. Single turbo upgrade 650hp

Lastly. Kb cobra. 600hp

Hence these are are claims on how much they push.
change those plugs before you run spray,the general recommendation from these guys it looks like would be a non projected tip tip #6 or for a little more safety a #7 for a small shot

is it factory maf?what are your injector duty cycles while wot on motor?
you have to realize that you might already be maxing or coming close to maxing these thing out

if your already close to maxing out your injectors it will be really dangerous on a dry shot

Last edited by speedcrazy2; 03-05-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Huh? Wat plugs? Even if I'm just spraying maybe 1-3 times tops? I no changing plugs is safe but I'm not spraying everyday. But if recomended then I will get dif plugs for tonight. I don't want to get a video of me blowing my motor. Lol even though I will still post it haha
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Launching!

n/a is a completely different story you know that,you do spray a dry and let the maf do all the work but i bet you had it tuned to make sure it was doing it right

i have seen people spray dry shots where the maf didnt add enough fuel and they were running too lean for my blood

the whole thing is like you stated he spent alot of money and i personally wouldnt spray it without a tune

im not trying to argue with anyone i just like to make sure people are safe and i would never recommend doing that
i would recommend spraying a small shot on a stock motor and tune without tuning before i would on a built motor that was previously tuned to who knows what
yeah, i agree with you, sometimes i just get defensive when i think someone's trying to bad talk the dry systems. but you werent doing that you were just trying to help this guy out.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Yea thanks for all the help guys. Afa I get outta work ima toss the kit on and get r done lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOOOO MUCH MISINFORMATION IN THIS THREAD...

OP - Do yourself a favor and don't spray it if you're going to half *** things. If you do, I call dibs on one of the pistons when you turn them into ashtrays. Don't take what I'm saying as harsh, just use it to understand that what you're trying to do here isn't very smart.

Here are the problems I see at first glance:

You don't know specifically what the bottom end was built to take.
You don't understand the importance of a proper plug in a nitrous app.
Your NA tune is not very good if the AFR's you state are correct. That should be fixed first
I'm willing to bet you have no idea what the spark or fueling tables look like in your "boost/juice" tune.

Feel free to take or leave my advice.

Search this Thread