Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some nitrous input/tips needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default some nitrous input/tips needed

My car is a 01 z28 with a auto trans, 3.42 gear rear from a 6 speed car... mac mids, ory, magnaflow cat back, lid, bellows, filter, ported throttle body. all free mods including removing AIR and A/C. The car currently has a nx wet kit with a nitrous outlet 78mm plate. and all safety items. Im currently running a 100 shot.(of course its not enough)

So currently im wanting to change the setup some and work twards something new. Im wanting to do 42# injectors and do dual intank walbro 255s. im also wanting to get tuned for e85(hence the second pump, for use while spraying, and the 42# injectors. Im also going to go with ngk br8 plugs. I would like to run a larger shot. A 150 shot would be ok for street usage but track usage i would like to run a 200 shot.

I will be tuning it myself with hp tuners. I am purchasing a wideband within the next week(either a aem uego or a LM1) a electronic fuel pressure gauge, and will be monotoring those gauges on the pilar. The car is a weekend only car now so im looking to just have some fun with it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK here we go, first you're going to have to get your tune dead on NA/E85, there are lots of good threads in the fueling section for that. Lots of people will be able to help in the tuning section also so definitely start there. You will need to change your fuel jets on nitrous but you shouldn't need to pull as much timing out with E85. I would spend alot of time beginning with the e85 and worry about the nitrous after that...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i forgot to add that about the fuel jets for the nitrous. yeah thats true about spending more time getting it to run right on the motor before hitting the bottle. and im gonna only spray a 100 shot at first then work up from there to make sure things are good
Old 03-16-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

no one has any input on this???
Old 03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll probably get more responses with one question at a time. Go over to the fuel forum and ask about running on E85. Then go over to the nitrous forum and ask about the correct jet sizes. If you have problems tuning it once you get it set-up do the same in the tuning forum...