Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microedge help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microedge help

OK, so I installed my HSW wet kit on my 98 C5 this weekend. Wired it up per the directions, hit the WOT switch, noids kick in like they should.
Wired in the Microedge controller per the directions, BLUE to TPS, BLACK to ground, WHITE to coil, TAN to black on the relay, GREEN to middle connection on the toggle, not using the ORANGE or GREY at this time.
Did the setup on the Micro, set the RPM(works), set the TPS voltage(4.25), RPM on at 3000, off at 5950, Stage 1 gears 2/3/4(don't want it to come on in 1st). Turn key ON(not running), hit the switch, controller says armed, push the WOT and the noids kick in as if the controller wasn't even there. It shouldn't kick the noids in since the RPM ON is set at 3000!
Called HSW, they say check the wiring. Checked the wiring diagram for the Micro. It shows the GREEN wire going to the middle connector on the toggle, with the YELLOW wire from the relay. So I connect the green wire to the yellow wire, connect it to the middle conn. on the toggle, hit the switch, and hear the noids kick on without the WOT switch being active! I reset the Micro back to factory settings, and it still does the same thing.
What am I missing here? I'm about to throw the damn Microedge against a wall!
I put in a service ticket with HSW, and called them this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Anybody got any ideas? Thanks for any input!
Sneaks
Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Heard back from HSW. Took the WOT out of the equasion, re-wired everything just as the Microedge diagram shows, and it kicks the noids soon as you hit the arming switch.
The only thing I can find is that the black wire from the relay (that the wet kit says wire to ground) is still wired to ground. Does this wire still need to be wired to ground, or does the TAN wire from the Micro give this wire its ground when the system is activated?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Its hard to troubleshoot wiring over the phone or through emails...

Usually when wiring relays one refers to pinouts 30, 85, 86, 87

Middle switch pin usually goes to Pin 86

Sample diagram link to my system below (may or may not help ya)
http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/Board...NitrousBAP.jpg

Link to roberts drawing specific to the Microedge
http://www.robertsnitrousservice.com....htm#179085739
Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sneaks
Heard back from HSW. Took the WOT out of the equasion, re-wired everything just as the Microedge diagram shows, and it kicks the noids soon as you hit the arming switch.
The only thing I can find is that the black wire from the relay (that the wet kit says wire to ground) is still wired to ground. Does this wire still need to be wired to ground, or does the TAN wire from the Micro give this wire its ground when the system is activated?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
No, pull that ground off the chassis and hook directly to tan on MicroEDGE! If its hooked to chassis ground its going to activate the system since it sees ground constantly. Anything else don't hesitate to contact us! Thanks.

Nick
Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the links Beer.
Nick, thanks for all the help. After looking at both wiring diagrams, that was the only thing I figured that stood out as being wrong. Still waited to hear back from you guys before I tore that section of wiring apart.
Everyone says HSW has great customer support, and they're absolutely right.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sneaks
Thanks for the links Beer.
Nick, thanks for all the help. After looking at both wiring diagrams, that was the only thing I figured that stood out as being wrong. Still waited to hear back from you guys before I tore that section of wiring apart.
Everyone says HSW has great customer support, and they're absolutely right.
You got it! Thanks for the feedback.

Nick
Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Microedge not putting out a ground to the relay.
I spent over 8 hours today chasing wiring, checking and testing connections.....
Called tech support about 15 times (them folks is busy over there) until I got someone. I tell him what's happening. He tells me to cut the tan wire that goes from the Microedge to the ground on the relay, connect another wire from there to there, to make sure it isn't a break. Do as he suggests, still won't fire the noids.
Put in a ticket with tech support, tell them what's happening, and what all I've done to test it. They tell me its the internal fuse on the ground outs that is probably blown, he'll issue an RMA, and I have to send it back to them so they can test/fix/replace whatever.
Right about now, I've got a serious case of the azz with this controller! I've got more than 30 hours wrapped up in installing and wiring everything, and haven't sprayed one shot through it...........
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Truck Sponsor

I noticed this issue as well,did as stated above and works great!!