Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting point

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting point

Im close to get my nitrous setup ready, it going to be a 250 shot divided on 2 stages (crappy track), Im using a stand alone low pressure fuel system (around 6 psi), one shot is going to be 150 progressive, and the other 100 with a little delay, trying to assure some traction when the hit comes in.

So what will be a good point to start all the process of tuning, plugs?, timing? I got 26-28º at wot
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to start off by tuning each stage sperately. When tuning the stage you plan to progress it need to be all at once with no ramping. Once you have both stages tuned in then I always add a little fuel to the stage I am bringing in second and then adjust it accordingly.

Since your final goal is 250 I suggest starting with a number 8 plug and tune N/A on it and then start tuning the stages.

I am assuming you have no way to pull timing in steps so you will have to pull all the timing at once when using both stages. For both stages I would start with pulling about 14 degrees and see what the strap tells you once

When tuning the stages individual I would pull 6 to 8 for the 150 and 4 to 6 for the 100.

Dave