Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous experts inside please

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Nitrous experts inside please

I've pretty much completed my NOS 5177 install. I connected the battery and armed it with the key on accesory and the car not running. I pushed the throttle to the floor and heard the solenoids clicking. Will it still do this with out fuel pressure. I have the FPSS installed. I thought that it had to have fuel pressure to engage, and with the car not running I wouldn't think the solenoids would click.

BTW, the bottle is empty, and I won't be driving it for a couple of months as it's only 5 degrees F here in Minnesota

Another question, when I get the window switch the tach/white wire goes to the number 10 wire from the PCM. How do I splice into it? Do I just cut the wire and then run the tach wire to one side and then use a connector to join them(2 into 1)?

Another question, I'm pushing about 400rwhp with my cam, headers, lid, and SSRA. Will I need to get bigger injectors? What kind, how much, and so on?
Old 01-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Launching!

1)to splice into the line, you can get a wire splicer frome autozone. it connects bothh wires without having to cut anything, just slide one wire into one end and the other wire into the other end. crimp them together and they will join.
2) your injectors will be fine unless your spraying a huge dry shot.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:49 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Yup, just T into the tach line. The noids should click because your fuel pump was on and put pressure on the rails.

You need to check to see how much HP your injectors can support. Then figure out what kind of room you have left. What you might need is a better/bigger fuel pump.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMN
Yup, just T into the tach line. The noids should click because your fuel pump was on and put pressure on the rails.
Yeah, I forgot when the ignition is on my fuel pump is running, thus pressure to the fuel rail

monkeyboy, are you talking about a special eletrical fitting/connector? Is is something along the line of sticking my tach wire into the connector and then the other end crimps onto the tach line?

Also is the number 10 wire labeled on the PCM block or on the wire. I can't look right now because my car is in a garage away from my home.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Launching!

yeah, it works like that. i kinda looks like a C-clamp when opened, has a splicing blade that crimps onto the adjacent wire when squeezed. you will find the #10 on the pcm block. kinda small so read carefully. hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
yeah, it works like that. i kinda looks like a C-clamp when opened, has a splicing blade that crimps onto the adjacent wire when squeezed. you will find the #10 on the pcm block. kinda small so read carefully. hope this helps.
Cool. The #10 is on the bottom PCM block right?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Launching!

yes, where white wire leads to.