Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with compression

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with compression

alright i have a friend who has a 336 stroker for a 88 fox body mustang. he first built it for a turbo and it has a 8.3-1 compression ratio. he has changed his mind and is wanting to run nitrous now. is that compression ratio to low for a nitrous application? he will prob be running a 150-200 shot of spray. and also the rings were gapped and placed on the pistons for boost. he is just wondering if he can use what he has now or will he have to change out rings and pistons.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He will be fine spraying that combo. I would talk to the engine builder to see where the rings were gaped and how much spray it will take. If he is still using a factory 5.0 block they will hit a point to where the block will split right down the middle. Its week.

The over all hp level will be down N/A compared to a higher compression motor but you will be fine.
Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverM6TA
alright i have a friend who has a 336 stroker for a 88 fox body mustang. he first built it for a turbo and it has a 8.3-1 compression ratio. he has changed his mind and is wanting to run nitrous now. is that compression ratio to low for a nitrous application? he will prob be running a 150-200 shot of spray. and also the rings were gapped and placed on the pistons for boost. he is just wondering if he can use what he has now or will he have to change out rings and pistons.
Absolutely he can run nitrous on a low comp motor. Especially at those shot sizes.

Nick