Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Step up to the plate Dave...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step up to the plate Dave...

My manifold in your shop...well over a month now. Paid a lot of $$$, a lot of promises made and still nothing. Being told, still a month away (or so)...Give me a date please...

Steve
Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have alot of intakes at the shop at the moment. Can you shoot me the name and what intake it is si I can see what is going on. We are behind right now on time lines and working many hours overtime trying to get back on track.
Thanks
Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Worth the wait...it will be done right and by the best.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I happen to still be at the shop...(9pm) and I looked through the intake build sheets we have. We have one Steve out of MO so I assume this is your intake.

I know you called today and talk to Chris. Chris talk to me and I told him where we were on your intake. If Chris did not tell you exactly this please let me know. Chris has a habit of sugar coating things because he hates to disappoint someone.

Our normal turn around time for a non custom intake is 2 weeks. We quote our time lines based off how many intakes are in the building at the time someone calls. To our suprise A few weeks ago we got slamed with 15 intakes and 8 custom fuel systems with in 3 days. Obviously the 2 weeks we quoted were no longer going to happen for the ones checked in later in the run. We have been knocking these out in the order they came in.

I see you are getting a Black Widow. Your intake is quite special. Everything about it is custom. The solenoids are a custom built solenoid. The distribution block is a one off CNC item that has to be sent to annodizing. The intake is sent off to be smoothed, shaved, painted and airbrushed.

This means there are atleast 3 parts of this build that are relying on out side sources. When you sent in your intake we ordered the custom distribution block from the machine shop. Unfortintly all there machinery was tied up and we have been waiting for them to be able to run a one off part. We have been told we are still looking at a week and a half to 2 weeks before we have it. Then once it comes in we have to plumb the system on to it and flow it. Then from that point we take it back apart and take it over to the paint shop for all the custom paint work and preping of the intake. depending on what the paint shop is in the middle of we could have it in a couple of days to two weeks.

Then we get it back and reassemble everything, flow it, package it, and ship it.

Our turn around times on jobs like this are out of our controll if the time lines we are quoted form our suppliers are not met. I do not know how everyone went from running an average work load to being over loaded over night but that is what we are seeing with our own company as well as the sources that do work for us.

I am in no way making excuses. Things should be getting turned around faster. But to things out of my controll they are not and I am doing everything I can to get caught up. Including working 7 days a week from 8:30am to well past 11:00pm and working my staff after hours.

I wish I could offer a time line on a custom job like this I knew I could meet right now. Custom jobs like yours normally take us 3 to 4 weeks assuming everything flows correctly. In your case it is not.

All I can do is look at the ground in dissappointment along with you and appologize as much as I can. If it was something I could fix right now I would already be on top of it.

Currently your intake is sitting in the fab shop and if my time line on this custom job is not acceptable I completely understand and I do appologize. I will be more than willing to offer you a 100 percent refund and ship the intake back to you.

I in no way want customers upset with us and I take this stuff to heart. I wish I could offer a better turn around time on your job right now but I simply can not. That is why I would not give chris a definant ship back date when he asked for one.

Again I am sorry. I understand your fustration and dispointment with us.

Please let me know what you would like me to do.

Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Dooley noted and thank you for responding quickly. Responded in kind to your PM.

Moderators, please lock/delete.