Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light on zex box wont turn on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light on zex box wont turn on?

Thanks to the help of Nick and a few others I have finally got this kit hooked up the way it should be....well I hope. I have my doubts though because when I finally found the instructions for programing the ETS....I couldnt even get it started because the light wont come on.

I am not sure if these instructions on their site match my setup because they say to turn on the ignition and not the car which I do....then it asks to turn the activation switch to the "on" position....but I dont have an activation switch? I thought it was WOT activated?

Anyways, I skip tryed to continue without that step but when I go to push the button on the box when it asks...the light doesnt come on RED like the instructions say it should?

Whats going on here?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

I just went back and checked all the wires leading out the back of the box. The black is sucure to the TPS line and the ground is where it is supposed to be. The only line left is the 12V which I cant follow because it goes down to the wheel well and disapears into the firewall.????

I removed the plasic inside the car to see if the wire came through there but I cannot locate it?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

I am trying to give a better idea of where the last wire is going...After a reached my hand down as far as I could, the line actually seems to not go into the firewall but connect somewhere under the ECU??? Could the box be trying to get power from here? It it connected to something very tightly...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

There's a giant grommet that is under the ecu. Chances are it passes into the cabin. Probe it with a multi meter and see if its a 12v keyed connection.

Nick