Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie, Need some nitrous and plug help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, Need some nitrous and plug help.

I am new to nitrous and still only have half of my kit installed at the moment. I have been doing my homework and searching and reading through threads about what plugs to run. I will be running a 150 shot for the most part and occasionally stepping up to a 200 shot. So based on the stickies and threads I have read an NGK B8EFS would be the best/safest plug to run. Well for the life of me I cant find that plug anywhere. Even my shop cant get them cause the distributor has them on order. Is there an equivalent plug with the same heat range? My shop told me to run an autolite ar93 which is a 9 heat range. Will that be ok for my set up and what I plan to do? Has anybody else had trouble finding the NGK B8EFS plugs?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know if you have a napa around, you can order the ngk's. that is where I ordered mine. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
I know if you have a napa around, you can order the ngk's. that is where I ordered mine. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion and input, I did check with napa and they told me there is only one place in the country(Chicago) that has only 60 left and it would take almost a week to get to me.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by second_2_none
Thanks for the suggestion and input, I did check with napa and they told me there is only one place in the country(Chicago) that has only 60 left and it would take almost a week to get to me.
Damn that's weird, I went into my small town here in missouri, and ordered them, and they had them in the next day. That was about a week ago.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn that sucks. Well I guess I will have to just keep checking every few days or so. Do you think that the autolites with a 9 heat range will be ok for now till I can get my hands on the NGK's?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry I don't know. Im new to nitrous myself, Iv'e always used ngk's. So that is why I went back to them. I never used the autolites.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I deff appreciate you helping out and putting in your input. Does know if the autolites ar93's would be ok to run in my car till I can track down some NGK's?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I am new to nitrous and still only have half of my kit installed at the moment. I have been doing my homework and searching and reading through threads about what plugs to run. I will be running a 150 shot for the most part and occasionally stepping up to a 200 shot. So based on the stickies and threads I have read an NGK B8EFS would be the best/safest plug to run. Well for the life of me I cant find that plug anywhere. Even my shop cant get them cause the distributor has them on order. Is there an equivalent plug with the same heat range? My shop told me to run an autolite ar93 which is a 9 heat range. Will that be ok for my set up and what I plan to do? Has anybody else had trouble finding the NGK B8EFS plugs?
You could us the AR93's but that really is to cold a plug for what you are wanting to do.

PS: I have the BR7's, 8's, and 9's in stock.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Looking at your set up the NGK B8EFS are in my humble opinion on the cold side if you intend to run them on the street. I personally run the NKG BR7EF plugs street/strip (11:3:1 SC) with no problems...just my two cents.