Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyed 12v source...where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyed 12v source...where is it?

Where are you guys splicing into for your keyed 12v source? I'm guessing they mean into the fuse box, does that mean to just pull out a fuse and wrap the wire around it and plug it back in? I'm trying to make this install look as professional as I can and I'm sure there is a wire I can splice into for a keyed 12v source that I can hide, I just dont know where.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get this from kragen called add a circuit
Old 05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the guy who installed mine tapped into the ignition wire under the steering column. He hooked all of my stuff up so that the ignition has to be on to work, so no accidentally leaving the heater on overnight.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just spliced into the cigarette lighter.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pink wires are normally keyed 12 volt sources. Orange wires are normally 12 volt sources that are hot all the time. There is a pink wire off the TCS switch in the center console.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

there is a spot in the fuel panel inside for 12v ignition. its a spade connector slot. use it then once everything is good. do a permanent splice in the back side for a clean look. also you normally will have to put a 25 amp fuse in vs a 20 thats in there. don't pull the kit power from there just the relay, signal/switch. run a good 10guage hot from the pole in the engine bay.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
there is a spot in the fuel panel inside for 12v ignition. its a spade connector slot. use it then once everything is good. do a permanent splice in the back side for a clean look. also you normally will have to put a 25 amp fuse in vs a 20 thats in there. don't pull the kit power from there just the relay, signal/switch. run a good 10guage hot from the pole in the engine bay.
I'm sorry, I really dont know where or what your talking about with some of this. I dont have a relay for the nitrous kit. I had to use a solenoid driver that came with my progressive controller. I know this makes me sound stupid but if you, or somebody else, please break this down to barney level for me please. I am a newb to nitrous and all this electrical crap.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

you need a relay. you shoudl not pull the power from any already existing circuit. there is a single spade connector hole on the fues box in the car on the side of the dash marked IGN. use a small male spade and push it in and theres your ign hot, then get a relay. there is a hot in , a hot out, a hot signal and a ground signal, the hot in comes from a fues 10 amp from the power post near the under the hood fuespanel. the hot signal comes from the ign post you just used interupted by your arm switch. ground is ground and can be interupted by a wot if your controler does not have that built in. the hot out goes to the controller.

what controller do you have most of them pulse a relay not a noid directly...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

In the driver side fuse panel there is a single female termimal that says IGN on it. You can use a Male spade connector in there and it works very well. I can get you a pic if needed.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you need a relay. you shoudl not pull the power from any already existing circuit. there is a single spade connector hole on the fues box in the car on the side of the dash marked IGN. use a small male spade and push it in and theres your ign hot, then get a relay. there is a hot in , a hot out, a hot signal and a ground signal, the hot in comes from a fues 10 amp from the power post near the under the hood fuespanel. the hot signal comes from the ign post you just used interupted by your arm switch. ground is ground and can be interupted by a wot if your controler does not have that built in. the hot out goes to the controller.

I have a nitrous outlet digital progressive. I talked to them on the phone a couple times. They told me that the solenoid driver that comes with the progressive takes the place of the nitrous relay. It looks like a relay its self but the relay would have a delay in it and does not more as fast as the driver does. I wired everyting up just like the schematics.

Progressive schematics with solenoid driver.

Nitrous kit with relay.
Originally Posted by RsSean
In the driver side fuse panel there is a single female termimal that says IGN on it. You can use a Male spade connector in there and it works very well. I can get you a pic if needed.
Yeah if you could put up a pic that would be awsome, thanks man!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

I replied to your other thread I think.

Nick
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Give me around dinner time and I will have ya a pic
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I replied to your other thread I think.

Nick
sure didnt
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by second_2_none
sure didnt
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...er-relays.html

Asking where to find a switched 12+...

Nick
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ok gotcha
Old 05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I wired in the relay to the solenoid driver for the added safety. I asked this in another thread as well, but can somebody please tell or show me where the red connector, pin 10 is on the pcm? I guess there is a white wire there I need to splice into with the rpm wire from my progressive.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1904gto
get this from kragen called add a circuit
thats pretty pimp. i think i may go that route

Quick Reply: Keyed 12v source...where is it?