Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Few N20 ?'s for a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Few N20 ?'s for a Z06

Just picked up a TNT kit for my 01 Z06. I have a few questions for you LSX nitrous pro's on here. This isnt my first kit, i used to have a ZEX wet kit on my ford, so im not a total nitrous newb.

As far as questions/info on the kit go, it is a used kit GIVEN to me, thats right my buddy was very generous. It's a TNT wet kit. It has a purge, a bottle warmer, 10lb TNT bottle, dual shark nozzle ring delivery setup, TNT fuel + n2o solenoids, WOT switch, MSD window switch with assorted pills, TONS of braided line (fuel+n2o), a filter for the fuel line, etc...the whole nine yards. Ive seen guys pull fuel right off their stock fuel rails, is this the easiest way to go? Without having the computer tuned (timing pulled) is a 75-100 shot safe on 93octane? Should I upgrade my stock fuel pump/fuel pressure, or is it sufficient for a 75-100 shot?

Im looking to install this thing next weekend. Where do most of you guys mount your bottles, run your lines/wiring etc...I was planning on dropping the bottle into the spare tire well, good place to hide it, but it will be a pain to run the lines/wiring to it.

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:05 AM
8 second mod

i ran my line inside under the carpet. came out good, then i cleaned up wiring since this pic was taken
Old 05-14-2010, 04:11 PM

You'll be fine on 93 octane, wouldn't hurt to add an octane booster but if not you'll still be fine. Have fun!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 PM
9 Second Club

I used to have that same kit years ago. Congrats.
I would first off. Get #7 non proj plugs retard the timming. I would not just run the car without retarding the time. And do not use octane booster there is no stable way to keep your ocatane the same if you do that and how do you know where the octane would be.

1. Get someone to tune your car.
2. Get a fuel pump and get good fuel.
3. Get the plugs ngk #7 cold plug
4. Get a prog. controller NITROUSOUTLET has a good one. I would not trust the msd window switch I have seen those fail.
5.Keep in mind those kits say a 100 shot but they are not really a 100 shot the jets are inconsistant. My old kit I sprayed a 100 shot and it was like more a 150 shot on the dyno. Also watch your plugs mine was leaning out the back 2 pistons. If you could. Thats why I sold mine and talk to DAVE @nitrous Outlet build me a kit to fit my goals.
Good luck if you need any help pm me.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TNT kit was awesome on my SS, wish i would have taken it off before i sold the car. Get new plugs, i use TR6s but im not trying to start another battle, ask a tuner you trust.

No need to do a fuel pump for 100 shot
Def get a tune to be safe, rec jetting isnt always spot on
the filter you mentioned is for the nitrous line(main line) not the fuel line BTW
I love the HSW microedge, built in WOT switch, window switch, delays, Fuel pressure cutoff when hooked up to narrowband or wideband.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is done to your car? If the car is completely stock with no custom tune you may be ok for a 75 to a 100 shiot with out pulling timing. Question is.... It it really cheaper taking the chance or is it cheaper to varify the tune up... You decide.

I aggree with dnkynrbk as he has given great advice.
Dave