Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few nitrous questions

Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few nitrous questions

Im going to be picking up a plate kit within a few weeks and have been compiling my wish list. I have a few questions.
1) I plan on buying the Nitrous Outlet plate system that has the solenoids attached to the plate (00-10108-10-S), but I like the Harris Speed Works All-Out Nitrous System Accessory Kit (HSW-ACC-AO-KIT-4AN). Will these two work together?
2) If I'm using the Micro Edge will i still need a Fuel pressure safety switch?
3) What all do I need to have for the A/F Shut Down Switch on the Micro edge to function properly? Do I need a Wideband sensor?
4) I also plan on using the Lingenfelter Launch Controller (LNC-002) with the Micro edge but i have a SD tune (no MAF), can this be done or will i need to replace my MAF?
5) This will be my 1st nitrous system ever. I've read and researched alot and am trying to put together the most reliable and safest system I can so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

1) yes the two will work together.
2) "Need", NO.... Would it hurt, No....
3) You just need a O2 sensor. the MicroEDGE can use a Narrow or Wideband O2 sensor. Wideband is of course better.
4) Sorry Cant help you on that... lol... no experience with LNC or SD

You have researched well it seems... looks like you have covered all your bases. You will love the MicroEDGE. HSW and N2Outlet have Oustanding Customer Service will you Guide you in the right direction.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

I would just call NitrousOutlet tom. am and talk to Chris he will get you going in the right direction.
I have a Nitrous Outlet D.P kit and their Nitrous Outlet Digital Progressive Controller with built in window safety switch, tps activation and gear lock out features.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JF-WS6
Im going to be picking up a plate kit within a few weeks and have been compiling my wish list. I have a few questions.
1) I plan on buying the Nitrous Outlet plate system that has the solenoids attached to the plate (00-10108-10-S), but I like the Harris Speed Works All-Out Nitrous System Accessory Kit (HSW-ACC-AO-KIT-4AN). Will these two work together?
2) If I'm using the Micro Edge will i still need a Fuel pressure safety switch?
3) What all do I need to have for the A/F Shut Down Switch on the Micro edge to function properly? Do I need a Wideband sensor?
4) I also plan on using the Lingenfelter Launch Controller (LNC-002) with the Micro edge but i have a SD tune (no MAF), can this be done or will i need to replace my MAF?
5) This will be my 1st nitrous system ever. I've read and researched alot and am trying to put together the most reliable and safest system I can so any help would be greatly appreciated.
YURVIEW got it above. All you need for the microedge is a narrow band o2 or an analog out wideband. Wideband is preferred obviously. MicroEDGE has no bearing on MAF so no worries there. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Nick
Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will love the plate with the solenoids attached. They are super clean when installed. Not to mention they make power reliably.

I do not advise hooking to the narrow band sensors to reliably rely on the system to cut in the case it goes lean. You need to attach to a wideband sensor.

I do not know how soon you plan to pull the triger but we will be releasing a new controller at the end of this month that may change your mind on choices....

Dave
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
YURVIEW got it above. All you need for the microedge is a narrow band o2 or an analog out wideband. Wideband is preferred obviously. MicroEDGE has no bearing on MAF so no worries there. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Nick
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You will love the plate with the solenoids attached. They are super clean when installed. Not to mention they make power reliably.

I do not advise hooking to the narrow band sensors to reliably rely on the system to cut in the case it goes lean. You need to attach to a wideband sensor.

I do not know how soon you plan to pull the triger but we will be releasing a new controller at the end of this month that may change your mind on choices....

Dave
Thanks everyone for the help. I will look into the wideband. Will i just need the wideband sensor or the sensor and a gauge if im hooking it up to the micro edge? It may be a month or two before i purchase so I will have to take a look at your new controller, although I do hear that the Micro edge is awesome. What about the Lingenfelter Launch Controller, will it be ok with an SD tune?

Search this Thread