Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

issues on the bottle

Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues on the bottle

ok heres a quick run down,car has 130k miles mod in sig.last fall when the temps were the same as now i had a dry kit on my car spraying before the maf jetted for a 125rwhp shot car ran fine pulled hard no issues,now fast forward 7 months to now.my dry kit is gone and i have put a nos single fogger wet kit on the car.every thing is still the same on the car except my fuel filter cause come to find out it was kind of cloged up.now the car is jetted for a 50rwhp shot, noids working grounds are good,lines are clear n20 side for sure,car rips on the motor.now my problem is this when i try and spray the car it pulls hard all the way to about 4500 rpm pops out the tail pipe looses power and then picks right back up and spins to 6k.no noise is coming from under the hood from what i can tell only right out the tail pipe.
bottle is full and at 900 psi,plugs are tr55s and yes i know i should get colder plugs but a 50 shot shouldnt have a huge impact.problem is i dont have a wide band and it would look bad to spray my car on a off ramp then pull over to pull a few plugs and i dont have the time to get out to the track.i have checked my plugs once home to make sure there intact and not destoyed even though doesnt really tell much.like i had said car ran fine and pulled hard on the dry shot with the car set up the same.kind of mistified.as far as i know my car has the stock tune on it.also i tapped the maf on the back side and placed the nozzle there since it moved around in the maf to tb coupler.
does this sound like detonation to you guys? i know when my old turbo fox detonated from way too much boost and too much timing it sounded like some one fired a shotgun next to my ear.
any thoughts would be great.
thanks joe
Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

I wouldn't spray TR55's with any shot size. Not really a question of if, just when...especially if you're running crap gas with full timing. I'd consider yourself extremely lucky if you caught everything before any major damage.

What happens to fuel pressure up top? Dumb question but did you pull the shraeder valve on the fuel rail out before you hooked the line up to it?

Nick
Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I wouldn't spray TR55's with any shot size. Not really a question of if, just when...especially if you're running crap gas with full timing. I'd consider yourself extremely lucky if you caught everything before any major damage.

What happens to fuel pressure up top? Dumb question but did you pull the shraeder valve on the fuel rail out before you hooked the line up to it?

Nick
lol yes the shrader valve is in my gloce box with my tools.as far as gas i only 92 oct from either chevron or shell no arco/ampm crap.problem is at the moment i dont have a fuel pressure tester but sounds like i need to get my hands on one.and also am going to find a retailer whoes the #7 plugs.its just wierd that before when running a dry kit with a bigger shot every thing was fine and now with a small shot its not
thanks joe
Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

well now i feel like a dumb ***. my front 02 sensors were draging on the ground and all the wires on both wore all the way thru.sweet now i have to go buy 2 more vette rear 02s again, thats probly the main paet of the problem
Old 05-22-2010, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

o2 sensors replaced today.i orderd some br7ef plugs today gonna change them over tomorow morning. can any one tell me what gap i should run?
was thinking .038 this sound right?and also any one know what peak timing is on a factory tune? going to barrow a scaner as well to see what my peak timing is.
thanks joe
Old 05-22-2010, 12:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.035 is fine, we run ours tighter though.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run .030 for up to a 200 hit.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

thanks for the answers ill gap them to.035 and call it a day,hopefully that was part of the problem therwise its time to get a tune
Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

i can not belive how big of a diff the plugs made.car pulls pretty ridicouls on a 125 rwhp shot

Search this Thread