Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on pulling timing with Interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions on pulling timing with Interface

I read somewhere it only pulls timing when nitrous actually sprays, how does it know when that happens?
Is there a way to test if timing is being pulled without actually spraying? Last, how does this thing wire into everything?
I want to keep it simple if possible.

Sam
Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TA1364
I read somewhere it only pulls timing when nitrous actually sprays, how does it know when that happens?
Is there a way to test if timing is being pulled without actually spraying? Last, how does this thing wire into everything?
I want to keep it simple if possible.

Sam
It is the final "relay" in the system. The device allows the solenoid to fire and at same time pulls timing. It knows because power circuit from the battery to the solenoid is completed. This circuit runs thru other devices in a system such as WOT switch, RPM window switch, FPSS, Ect... Way to test is to ingage system with bottle closed and no nitrous in lines. Every kit's directions I have searched tells you how to tesy system. It also has LEDs that give trouble codes if system not hooked up correct or MAF goes bad or Interface not working. You can always put a 50 shot pill in, hook up your scan tool, and spray it. Watch the timing get pulled with no risk to engine.

I installed my dry kit with Interface and Microedge myself. This was my first kit I have ever installed. I had not even rode in a LS1 with nitrous before i bought my kit. Many bottles later on a stock ride and no probs!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

what if its a wet kit?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have a wet kit on my car
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

still works the same way. Just like coles said, it still activates the final relay in the system and recognizes the activation of the kit. you dont have to add fuel with it, you can still leave that set to off, or you can use it to "fine tune" your wet kit by adding just a little if you too lean.