Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some info on N2O plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some info on N2O plz

So I'm going to forge my LS1 block. Not going to stroke it.

My question is: what type of pistons should I consider? There is so many differnt types of them out there and I have no clue which ones to use for N2O I only wanna do a 150shot.

Also I wanna use a big cam as well. would I be dumb to use a big one? This is going to be street driven and track as well.
I don't care how rough it well be on the street.

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

If you ever plan on uping the shot then i'd suggest getting a nitrous piston. There are a ton of companies that make them. On the cam everyone's big is different so really is no good answer for you on this.

You'd be better off getting with a shop and going over your ultimate goals/ needs and have them spec out a cam/ motor scombo to suit your needs.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No good answer for this but only opinions & expert advice (I'm not) I have an LS1 with Diamond forged pistons (some say they are the best) and plan a small shot (75) at first with the capability of going up to 150. Cam choice is usually in conjunction with other components of your build ie: Torque convertor If auto), rear gear ratio, exhaust system, etc., & to where you want your powerband to kick in along with other variables. Best to plan out your build goals & than hit up the cam manufacturers like comp cams for advice on that. Nitrous usually benefits from a longer exhaust duration than intake as I was told.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I would decide is are you looking to maximize the setup for nitrous or running on motor.

Then honestly decide how much your wanting to spray on the combo. If 150 is all your worried about then I would take that into account on your gear/converter choice and thats about it. The rest I would gear toward whats going to make my car run the best on the motor.

Feel free to give me a call if you have anything else thats not clicking or just want to go over anything you have decided on.

Graham @ NX