Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling anyone from HSW, please let me know what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calling anyone from HSW, please let me know what you think?

Okay got my nitrous going. just when I let off of throttle after running the nitrous, the car will stall and the a/f gauge will go to 10.0.. when I get it started the a/f will be rich and it will take about 20-30 sec. for the a/f to go back up. I pulled off the plate, and hit it in a bucket w/just fuel going thru it, and you can see where the fuel still runs after I let off and you can hear the selonoid shut off. I took apart the selonoid and cleaned it out, and the plunger and seal looked great. "the noid is new". only about 5 runs on it.
Does this seem like a bad noid, or maybe something on the microcontroller setup? It just seems like the extra fuel in the line is bleeding out thru the plate. any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ro2AhGRdU

and this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imMCbVVKpKs

Last edited by 06blackGTO; 06-19-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

You can see the residual gas very well in the vid. I wonder if other plate kits do that &/or is that enough to cause the rich condition.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Did you get any feedback on this yet?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
Okay got my nitrous going. just when I let off of throttle after running the nitrous, the car will stall and the a/f gauge will go to 10.0.. when I get it started the a/f will be rich and it will take about 20-30 sec. for the a/f to go back up. I pulled off the plate, and hit it in a bucket w/just fuel going thru it, and you can see where the fuel still runs after I let off and you can hear the selonoid shut off. I took apart the selonoid and cleaned it out, and the plunger and seal looked great. "the noid is new". only about 5 runs on it.
Does this seem like a bad noid, or maybe something on the microcontroller setup? It just seems like the extra fuel in the line is bleeding out thru the plate. any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ro2AhGRdU

and this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imMCbVVKpKs
That's exactly what you're seeing...whatever is in the line after the solenoid is going to have to come out. You can shorten the line, change its ID...there's a few tricks. Shoot me an email or fill out a question on our personal website for a quicker reply...its hard for us to get up on this site every day.

nick
Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

will do. thanks Nick.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Did you get the problem resolved?
I just did a quick check for functionality on my plate ket with the test mode thru the microEdge. I just ran the nitrous & fuel line into separate gatoraide bottles. Purge worked, nitrous line blew the bottle across the garage, & fuel puddled a small amount into the other bottle. So it looks like all is working. I need to put in the br6ef plugs and start some real world testing next weekend.

Last edited by rambodog; 06-27-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I got it going better, It was mostly my controller setting, I had it set to where the nitrous would kick off when I almost fully let off the pedal, I set it to shut off alittle sooner. now it comes off as soon as I start to let off the throttle, if I let off about an inch off the pedal now. Plus I plan on ordering a shorter fuel line.