Sponsored by:

Maximizer Settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximizer Settings

Hey all,

I should be dyno tuning my new wet kit tomorrow. I'm having the Maximizer installed along with the rest of the kit.
I was wondering if any of you who have the NX Maximizer (new or old) would mind sharing your settings (along with mods and size shot)? I know I'll be coming up with my own custom settings, but kinda just want to get an idea of where to start.

TIA
Tim
Old 01-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Tim ,

Do you know where to connect the connector number 4's white cable named as A?

And where to connect the connector number 4's "white and black" cable named as F?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BestM3///
Tim ,

Do you know where to connect the connector number 4's white cable named as A?

And where to connect the connector number 4's "white and black" cable named as F?
BestM3,

Not sure if you have this or not, but I'm attaching the wiring diagram for the Maximizer. I'm not installing the kit myself, so I have no firsthand knowledge of the installation. However, if the diagram doesn't help, I will forward your questions to the guy doing my install, to see if he can provide additional detail. Let me know.

Tim

**Well, I was going to attach the diagram, but the file is too large. Shoot me an email at timkihm@hotmail.com, and I'll send you the file.

Last edited by timbalan77; 01-19-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey tim i see your always one step ahead of me! lol first the cobalt blue gauges and now the nx maximizer

Well I dont have the maximizer or the nitrous set up right now but heres my coming setup:
-air lid, 160 stat, tb bypass, ASP pulley, slp y-pipe, corsa catback, thunder racing 224 cam. (Currently ran 360rwhp)
- Kooks S.S. long tubes with larger y-pipe (in mail)
- Spec 3 clutch (just came in 3 hours ago)
- few more bolt ons (bellow ported throttle body discreen MAF..etc)
On top of that ill spray a 100 shot thru NX wet kit (that should make me run +100rwhp).

If the top goal is accomplished (without having to get heads) I should be hitting 400rwhp naturally aspirated and 500rwhp on spray. Im sticking with nittos 275 DRs thats why ill need the maximizer (traction is going to be crazy )

Let us know your setup and how you programmed your maximizer.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
hey tim i see your always one step ahead of me! lol first the cobalt blue gauges and now the nx maximizer

Well I dont have the maximizer or the nitrous set up right now but heres my coming setup:
-air lid, 160 stat, tb bypass, ASP pulley, slp y-pipe, corsa catback, thunder racing 224 cam. (Currently ran 360rwhp)
- Kooks S.S. long tubes with larger y-pipe (in mail)
- Spec 3 clutch (just came in 3 hours ago)
- few more bolt ons (bellow ported throttle body discreen MAF..etc)
On top of that ill spray a 100 shot thru NX wet kit (that should make me run +100rwhp).

If the top goal is accomplished (without having to get heads) I should be hitting 400rwhp naturally aspirated and 500rwhp on spray. Im sticking with nittos 275 DRs thats why ill need the maximizer (traction is going to be crazy )

Let us know your setup and how you programmed your maximizer.

Guess I never set up my sig on this board, mods are below. Next in line after the N20 are 160 thermostat, SLP fan mod, headers, y, and ls6 intake. After that I'll probably be done for a while.
You'll like the Spec S3. Grabs hard, but streetable. Did you get carbon or kevlar?
Anyway, I'll let you know what I program the settings at. The install is running late, so I won't be able to do the dyno tune and pick up my car for at least a couple more days. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

tim,

I honestly have no clue what my clutch is. As far as I know its the new one and i think the new ones come with a mixture of both carbon and kevlar or something. Its in the box by the kitchen sink.. if theres a way to tell what type of clutch it is let me know.. i can post pics if it helps..

Sorry if my posts led the topic to another conversation... Please let me know your NX Maximizer settings... nitrous dave has great prices if you need anything by the way..
Old 01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

From looking at a sponsor's website, it looks as though SPEC's S3 is different. It used to be that you could choose carbon or ceramic (and I believe kevlar as well). Carbon was more streetable, ceramic bit harder.
But you're right, now it's a hybrid. You probably have the best of both worlds.
Anyway, I'll post my settings when I do the dyno tune (although at this point, that may not be until Saturday).
Old 01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome. Ill have to wait at least 3 weeks from now until my nitrous comes in. Let me know what happens. Dont forget to let me know about those awesome cobalt blue gauges as well
Old 01-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
awesome. Ill have to wait at least 3 weeks from now until my nitrous comes in. Let me know what happens. Dont forget to let me know about those awesome cobalt blue gauges as well
Hehe, trust me, as soon as I find a place to host, I'll have pics of the whole kit. This extra week of waiting is gonna kill me! Not to mention I'm stuck driving a rented Hyundai...
Old 01-20-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol!

Well at least you could go WOT in that hyundia. I cant even see how my headers will perform since ill install the clutch at the same time. Yup ill have to do some 400 miles of gay driving.