Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD window switch experts inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD window switch experts inside

Do we have an inductive ignition system? I have the NOS 5177. Do I hook the yellow wire on the MSD 8956 to the negative grounded wire on my solenoids? I downloaded their directions. Tell me if I have this right.

Black wire=ground
White wire=#10 white wire on my PCM(2002 SS)
Red wire=positive 12v electric source(Directions also say + on coil?)

Yellow wire=grounded side of solenoid? I also see that this wire can go to the FPSS. How does that work with the FPSS?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

+ on coil is pin 85 or 86 on the relay that triggers the solinoid. FPSS is a switch that connects the - side of the relay coil 85 or 86, and the other side of the fpss connects to a body ground. If the trigger off the msd is a ground then you could connect that wire to the fpss in place of the ground strap.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Click on the link in my sig. Look at my 5177 dual stage dry shot set up. The first wiring diagram will show you how the MSD window switch is wired in conjunction with the WOT switch, in regular (single stage) mode, and how the FPSS is wired as well. If you really wanted to (not sure why you would) you could change the roles of the FPSS and WOT switch (ie. wire the MSD in line with the FPSS instead of the WOT switch), and everything would still basically function the same way. For my dual stage set up, I have all three switches wired in line. Hope this helps. Let me know.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

No this is a low voltage Ground, use the yellow wire to activate a relay which will inturn pop your noids. FYI- put your WOT switch on this same wire.

JS
Old 01-25-2004, 08:22 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Ditto, it has to trigger relays. The noids draw too much current to hook the window switch directly to it.

Quick Reply: MSD window switch experts inside