Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Instead of Cam and Bolt Ons.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Instead of Cam and Bolt Ons.

So ive made the decision that instead of spending money on bolt ons im just going to go with nitrous, it seems to be alot less work and will yield more power, so far all ive got is an SLP Lid, and exhaust cutout, i was planning on doing headers and cam and intake manifold and thottle body and stall but once you add up all that work and money it seems id be stupid not to just go with nitrous and call it good?? Is there anything i need to know about nitrous or am i missing something here? It almost seems to good to be true? What will a basically stock LS1 Camaro do in the 1/4 on a 100 shot? My tuner told me for $1100 he would get me an NX Setup, install it, and put a healthy tune in my car this will yield 326 RWHP off the bottle and 440 RWHP on the bottle on a 100 shot, does this sound correct? Sorry for the long post but id just like to get some opinions. And also will i get into the 12's with intake exhaust and 100 shot? my goal is 12.7 or better.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hay why dont you or your tuner give me call? We can go over the details.

Im sure we can clear 12.7

If its easier shoot me a pm with your name and your tuners number.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

First off, your tuner sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Second, you can definitely get below a 12.7 in the 1/4mile on a 100 shot.

Now for my opinion:
What is nice about Nitrous, is that you can retain all the characteristics of the original engine (fuel mileage, idle quality, street manners, etc) when you are not using the spray... But when you want it, you have that extra power "at the push of a button."
With that said, it also kinda sucks having to always make sure that your bottle is filled up, or filled up "enough." (the last 3 lbs or so in a bottle are just about useless, unless you have a NANO: Nitrogen-Assisted Nitrous Oxide setup -- added complexity and cost)
I would recommend that you sit down with a notebook and a pencil and honestly compare your options, weighing both the costs and other factors involved. And talk to your tuner about both options, see what he thinks.
The bolt-ons and cam will be available at all times, once properly tuned. In other words, you won't have to worry about making sure the kit is armed, bottle is full, etc.
In the end, I think nitrous is awesome, but I also think bolt-ons and an upgraded cam/heads are great. Used together, you can really start to have some fun...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Yeah im thinking start off with the nitrous then add the bolt ons 1 by 1 as i aquire more cash, then once i have the bolt ons i want ill start to save for a complete rebuild
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

If your goal right now is to run 12.70's then the juice is the cheapest way to go.
I myself went the opposite route and did my bolt ons first,stall,gears,cam,then heads, because I run my car more from a dig than a roll(on the street) so I wanted the instant power and control out the hole instead of trying to hook a 100shot out the hole or spend alot of time trying to progress the shot to get it to hook.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Jmo 523 ,you think like me. I have mild bolt ons and now I have the harris wet
plate installed. I am taking it to the track oct 14 so i'll keep you posted.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

high 12s are easily attainable with just a stall and gears.