Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD Digital 6 plus (msd 6520)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD Digital 6 plus (msd 6520)

This unit has a two step, how exactly does this function in relation to nitrous? Will I also need a window switch? I may go without the window switch and spray through the shifts. It seems to be fine spraying through the shifts on a 50 pill, but I am kind of nervous on spraying through the shifts on 150. Any feedback on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

And to all those who are asking about spraying on a heads and cam tune without pulling timing (including me), it doesn't seem to be a very good idea,let alone a smart idea. My Heads and Cam tune is set pretty aggressive to maximize the n/a power. According to Ion the timing was advanced a little further because of the cooler operating temp of the 160* stat. N/A on a NGk BR73f the timing mark is just above the halfway mark on the a tad bit too cold, with the 50 shot the timing mark on the same plug is damn near at the strap....its clearly past the "ideal bend area". My engine seems to be fine with it so far. No signs of detenation or preignition but with the shot the plug reads pretty hot. Also on the same plug,n/a looks a tad rich on the first ring....with the 50 shot it looks border line too lean...again no sighs of detenation or preignition.

Just my $.02
Old 09-15-2011, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

After a few too many boxes, I finally got this one to operate correctly. On a 100 shot, I am currently pulling 5.5* of timing. I know, it may be a bit much for maximum performace, but my current tune is set pretty aggressively so I am just being safe. Besides, as of right now, I am just happy to have to SOB running. I'll make a couple of pulls and post the plugs...it's time to get this thing dialed in.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I over looked this post. Looks like you got it figured out though. The Digital 6 has a windowswitch built in.
Dave

Quick Reply: MSD Digital 6 plus (msd 6520)