Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock block/ how much nos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stock block/ how much nos?

Hey i have a 1999 vette. Is it possible i can use nos? if so wet/dry and how much 50/100 shot....And how often can i use it ?
Old 03-11-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

First off dont call it NOS unless your are reffering to the brand otherwise be prepared to be flamed. Stock short blocks have seen up to 300 shot but I would say 200 is usually the limit for most. As far as a dry kit goes you cant run more than 125 on your car without maxing out the injectors. With a Wet kit you can run all the way up to 200 maybe 250 assuming you have the car tuned nicely and watch that Fuel pressure. Also if you go with a wet kit you MUST get a upgraded fuel pump. I would say only spray it at the track to save your short block.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddboost
First off dont call it NOS unless your are reffering to the brand otherwise be prepared to be flamed. Stock short blocks have seen up to 300 shot but I would say 200 is usually the limit for most. As far as a dry kit goes you cant run more than 125 on your car without maxing out the injectors. With a Wet kit you can run all the way up to 200 maybe 250 assuming you have the car tuned nicely and watch that Fuel pressure. Also if you go with a wet kit you MUST get a upgraded fuel pump. I would say only spray it at the track to save your short block.

Thanx i appriciate it... i just bought it a few months ago. I know some about it but not to much. i got it for 17000 mint condition it just needs a clutch.

What kind of fuel pump would u say to get and what company to go with besides NOS....
Old 03-11-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

How much power were you looking at spraying? If your gonna go with a dry kit and keep it under 125 I would use a NOS 5177 kit, I dont believe that is a vette specific kit its for the Fbody but im sure they have a similar kit. If your gonna run a wet kit and plan on running over 125 I would use a TNT F1 kit people get great results out of their kits. Im not sure which fuel pump for your car since im not too familar with the fuel setup of vettes.