Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window switches

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window switches

i was wondering if i could wire a window switch into any kit perferrably n.o.s plate kit. Which brings me to my next question if the system is run off a micro switch at w.o.t then it wouldnt matter what rpm the system will engage dont wont to prematurely engageand hurt any thing off the line leaving hard planning on spraying 200 p.s i am kinda new to nitrous willing to learn plz help
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some will be/can get more complicated than others. Wiring a FJO for instances into a Zex kit gets complicated as you will have to run a relay around the nitrous management unit that comes in the Zex kit (which is basically a w.o.t. switch) and change up some of the wiring, when you could just use the Zex window switch and the WOT switch it already has. See what I mean?

But you shouldn't have much of a problem. Check out the stickies if your new to nitrous and call and talk with nitrous outlet for any of your needs they will really help you. Also, talk with your tuner most have a preferred controller that they like and are familiar with.

FWIW... I was also under the impression that the Microedge has a digital window switch incorporated in it already. I wont be running one so I don't know much about it.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks bro heard any thing bad or negative about the n.o.s plate kit i need to get a window switch cause its operated off wot micrositch and dont want to have to roll into the throttle to have it engage want to hit 3000k and shut it off at around 6400
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, not me personally. However, you can do a search and see if anyone else is using one. But there are many other places that sell plate kits. We really need more info about your set-up, and your best bet would be to start off with something smaller than a 200 shot and getting comfortable and working your way up.

Do you already have the kit? If you do have any questions NOS is a sponsor on here shoot Kyle@NOS a pm and he can set-up with a window switch for your set-up. If the kit comes with the micro switch in it, I bet they make a window switch that is designed to work with it, much like my Zex set-up.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am in the process of buying the kit i will start with 100 see how the cars takes and adjust my timing and fuel i have hptuners and pretty good at tuning and reading plugs i am ex boost guy tired of wasting money as for my current setup texas speed 5.3 stage 2.5 heads t-rex and a textrialia clutch when i install nitrous i will be throwing on drag radial and every suspension mod know to man yea i want to start with a plate and then go to port set up i have heard pltes hit harder due to the amount of time allowed to atomiae int the intake tract cant wait n.o.s give you a micro switch but i think a window switch would be smart investment also i have plyed with a zex kit on my buddies car it used a tps signal voltage and was a nozzle worked great
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

A window switch is a must in the event or a over rev or missed shift. Check out Nitrous Outlet as well. But from what I have read NOS makes a killer controller or window switch I cant remember what it was. Also is your looking for NOS stuff Mike at SKspeed will give you the best deal around. I cant believe his prices sometimes.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i am conservative when it comes to hurting the car my z28 was raw and i ended up hurting it pretty bad so i am stuck with this car for time being might as well have some fun with it
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

also what kit are you running and how simple is it and i am looking for clean wired kit i have seen some pretty shitty kits lol
Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

how easy was your kit and did it come with window switch or controller
Old 01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just the Zex LS1 wet kit with a Nano. the solenoids are contained in a box so I think that makes it look a little less cluttered but this limits how big a shot I can spray as the solenoids are smaller. However, plate kits look pretty awesome in my opinion. Wiring just takes some thought about how your going to run it and then loom it up.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 01-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i am prettty meticulous about wiring and like eletrical and i think that is the same kit my buddy had and i think it was limited too 125 due to solenoids not being able to flow that much
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Came with the WOT and the window switch is separate.

Try and keep your questions in as few of post as possible, its hard to keep up and makes the thread harder for people to read if they found this in a search.

good luck with everything
Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok sorry new to forum thanks for all the info will be contacting n.o.s to see if they have specific wiring and window switch