Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous running lean??? suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous running lean??? suggestions??

Been trying to tune my nitrous on my 2002 firehawk ( wet kit with nozzle in intake boot)and cant seem to get the A/F where it needs to be..? Started with 62/33 jet combo at 950psi and was way too lean like high 13's low 14's on A/F, didnt even make a full pull on dyno, shut it down... Then went with a 62/38 fuel jet and still too lean like 13.4-13.5.. stopped pull short again. I would of thought the jet change would have brought it down more than that...?? Thinking something else is going on?? 1. maybe bad fuel solenoid on system, clogged or partially clogged ?? 2. maybe bad fuel pump in car??
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by suvettetexas
Been trying to tune my nitrous on my 2002 firehawk ( wet kit with nozzle in intake boot)and cant seem to get the A/F where it needs to be..? Started with 62/33 jet combo at 950psi and was way too lean like high 13's low 14's on A/F, didnt even make a full pull on dyno, shut it down... Then went with a 62/38 fuel jet and still too lean like 13.4-13.5.. stopped pull short again. I would of thought the jet change would have brought it down more than that...?? Thinking something else is going on?? 1. maybe bad fuel solenoid on system, clogged or partially clogged ?? 2. maybe bad fuel pump in car??
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks....
What fuel pump do u have in the car? Have u tried watching to see if fuel pressure drops?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GIMPY02
What fuel pump do u have in the car? Have u tried watching to see if fuel pressure drops?
Gonna try to monitor that next, gotta put an extension fitting with extra port so i can monitor the pressure when spraying... Still have stock pump in car, but usually those will handle up to a 150 shot if in decent shape, but will def. check out...thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Its your FUEL PUMP in your car Or whatch your amps on your alternator it may be taking a dump if you have low voltage it will make your nitrous system mess up. I had this problem a few years ago.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
Its your FUEL PUMP in your car Or whatch your amps on your alternator it may be taking a dump if you have low voltage it will make your nitrous system mess up. I had this problem a few years ago.
^^^What he said. You won't believe how the solenoids can tax an electrical system and reduce your voltage to the pump. The stock pump is already at a disadvantage with not having a good gauge wiring going to it. A hot wire kit on the stock pump might fix this issue but if you are going to go that far you might as well put a pump in the car too.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
9 Second Club

Its not worth blowing a motor up for $100.00 bucksfor a fuel pump and a cpl hours work.

Quick Reply: Nitrous running lean??? suggestions??