Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous (dry kit) install on Sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous (dry kit) install on Sunday.

It looks pretty straight forward in the directions. Then again it always does. If anyone has any helpfull info on installing the kit please chime in. BTW it's a NOS dry kit. The car is a 1999 Z28 A4 with a lid and will be using the 75 jets. Any help would be great
Old 03-20-2004, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

The 5177 is a pretty straight forward kit with very good directions so it's a pretty easy install. Just read over the directions really good before you install it (which you have probrably already done), also think about where you want to route the electrical and feed line before you start. Plan on spending most of the day on the install and make the extra effort to make the install clean, it will be worth it in the end. Things I found useful to have were, schrader valve tool for the fuel rail, assorted gromets, plenty of wiring connectors, wire loom (convoluted tubing) and small zip ties.

BTW: If your routing nitrous lines through the engine bay, make sure that they aren't touching the paint, the nitrous line will wear the paint off real quick. I just put a couple of small gromets around the nitrous lines to keep them off the paint.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Default nos install a success

undefined
Originally Posted by GM Muscle
The 5177 is a pretty straight forward kit with very good directions so it's a pretty easy install. Just read over the directions really good before you install it (which you have probrably already done), also think about where you want to route the electrical and feed line before you start. Plan on spending most of the day on the install and make the extra effort to make the install clean, it will be worth it in the end. Things I found useful to have were, schrader valve tool for the fuel rail, assorted gromets, plenty of wiring connectors, wire loom (convoluted tubing) and small zip ties.

BTW: If your routing nitrous lines through the engine bay, make sure that they aren't touching the paint, the nitrous line will wear the paint off real quick. I just put a couple of small gromets around the nitrous lines to keep them off the paint.