Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone fuel and Tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stand alone fuel and Tuning questions

What fuel are you guys using in the stand alone fuel cells? Going to go with VP fuel as it is readily available in my area. There is some many to choose from, and why are you running it? I was thinking along the lines of q16 of it be oxygenated. There is not to many thread discussing the fuels in the cells

Now the other question how are you tuning the AFR with mixed gas like 93 pump going thur the injectors and the "Q16" going thur the nitrous solenoid? I guess the target AFR would be different.

How do you go about tuning on different gases?

Back ground, 383 Forged motor built to spray, Nitrous pistons, Callies crank, Compstar rods, 11.8 to 1 motor. Want to say the rings .025 top and .028 could be mistaken

Thanks guys
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

AFR's should be kept in the same range as long as it is gasoline! Once you go to Ethanol (e85 or similiar) or any fuel other than gas, thats when the afr will need to be different!
Q16 would be a great choice if E85 is available that is what I would use though (helluva lot cheaper)! Make sure you make jetting arrangements for the Ethanol though! E85 will require roughly 30% more fuel over any gasoline to burn at its desired AFR!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Well stoich is different from pump gas to Q 16

Quick Reply: Stand alone fuel and Tuning questions