Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of a dry kit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of a dry kit.

I sold my wet kit months ago and now want to get back into nitrous. I am this time looking at getting a dry kit. I know you have to put the nozzle before the MAF. But what i am unsure of is, what is a safe shot size for stock fuel injectors?
MODS...
TSP TV.2 cam
#243 heads ported-polished (2.02/1.60)
Ported LS6 intake
Ported Throttle body
K&N CAI
3600rpm NOS stall(going in before spray)
Headers
X pipe
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Why are you going with a dry kit?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Just to try somthing new.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Launching!

That's like saying I've been getting with hot chicks I'm gonna try a ugly chick this time lol. If it aint broke my fiend...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slippi84
That's like saying I've been getting with hot chicks I'm gonna try a ugly chick this time lol. If it aint broke my fiend...
If you dont have the answer im looking for please hold you comments, or go direct them towards someone who cares what your personal beilives are. Thank you
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Launching!

There are no benefits other than simplicity and cost that a dry kit has over a wet kit. Your asking how much can spary your car with a dry kit which means that you are looking to go with something close to the max possible with your setup. If your trying to max out a setup why not go with a wet kit and be a lot safer. Your MAF sensor starts going and isn't reading air correctly or a injector gets clogged or stopps flowing as much as it did when you tuned your nitrous setup you will put your engine at risk. Way to many variables in a modern electronic car to really trust a dry kit. Not saying they don't work obviously they do but why risk it. None of the mods you listed affect max shot for a dry kit. Your injector size fuel line size and fuel pump along with engine strength are what will affect max shot. Every setup and car is different to. Just because joe smoe sprayed his car with a 125 shot doesn't mean you will be able to only the plugs will tell you the real limit of your setup and nitrous kit. As far as generic answers go the stock setup should support a 125 shot dry. I don't agree with using that big of a dry shot but it's been done.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 6th gear
If you dont have the answer im looking for please hold you comments, or go direct them towards someone who cares what your personal beilives are. Thank you
LOL! A little testy I see!

Anyway, stock injectors and dry shot? Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I figured my mods would have something to do with it. Those alone put a load on the stock injectors then dump a 100 shot on them. Thanks VincesSS
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I figured my mods would have something to do with it. Those alone put a load on the stock injectors then dump a 100 shot on them. Thanks VincesSS
Not without telling us the rest of your fuel system. All you said was stock fuel injectors. Yes your engine setup will require a certain amount of fuel and the dry shot you put on top of that will all be taken away from a big max flow number that you don't want to go over which should be about 80% IDC. I would do a log and see where you IDC is at now and that along with injector size will tell you how much flow you have left. That is how you will directly figure out how big of a nitrous pill you can go with.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Thanks slippi84. I will do that.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im running dry now and going to go wet soon. As we speak im pushing it with a 125 shot, maybe of that since its to the crank im about 90-100 at the wheels, maybe. On a wet its rated for atleast most systems to the wheels and should be able to run a 150 wet shot because im getting that extra fuel. With that set up i should be hopefully 140-150 rwhp more but the wet system will get me closer to my goal. Either way OP goodluck with whatever you choose.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

I have done alot of reading since posting this. I think for a stock application a dry shot is a great power adder. But as you move up in mods, which i have done, a wet shot is more benfical. There is ALOT of tunning required to run a dry shot and it just seems like more of a headach than i want. I guess its back to the wet shot. LOL. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Launching!

I have done alot of reading since posting this. I think for a stock application a dry shot is a great power adder. But as you move up in mods, which i have done, a wet shot is more benfical. There is ALOT of tunning required to run a dry shot and it just seems like more of a headach than i want. I guess its back to the wet shot. LOL. Thanks for the help.
Told ya lol

Quick Reply: Thinking of a dry kit.