Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous set up?

Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous set up?

i'm a newbie when it comes to Nitrous.
i was wanting to find out a bit more about it and what is involved and if would work on my setup?

in short i have a 383 stroked ls1 with wiseco forged pistons -8cc, a 235/243 .617 .624 113 comp cam, ported 241 cathedral port heads with 2.02 and 1.57 valves, fast 102/102 set up and 1-7/8 headers in an auto and will have 3.7's or 3.9 diff gears.

not sure how much off it is required to help, just wondering if the pistons and cam will work with nitrous, what comp ratio would work, was looking at 11:1 on pump fuel (98 octane here) can lower though, may run FI and e85 later.

Also what systems are out there and what is required, how do they work, what would be a safe level with my set up and a good CR for it, how much etc?

Have done a search,

Thanks Ben.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That setup would work very well with nitrous. If you have any questions you can either pm me or email me directly and i would be more than happy to help you out. My email is below
Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Awesome, thanks for that I will send an email to find out more about this
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got your pm and sent you a responce. Ill post the responce here as well incase anyone reading along needs the same answers.

Sounds like a nice build you have going. Do you know your ring gap? Do you have head studs or bolts? I assume you are using the 5.7 aluminum block?

What do you have for fuel supply?

The set up you have will be fine for nitrous. The key is to look over the entire build and determain how much nitrous. Also if you plan to go boosted in the future planing now by getting a set up you can use to help the boost would be a good idea.

Dave
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Launching!

Haha yeh mate i'm in Australia, yeh should be good once finished, our petrol prices are going through the roof so iv turned it into a weekend car and if get into drag racing (at the local track) will become more a track car.

Ring gaps I'm not sure, I'll talk to the guys that put the bottom end together.

Will be using arp head bolts and yes I am using my factory alloy block.

At the moment my fuel supply I haven't worked out 100% yet, will be running a walbro pump or a dierschwerts 300 pump and 42# injectors unless 60-65# would be better suited as will be 98 Ron pump fuel to start but as said may go e85 down the road.

Yeh If go FI I think I'll go twin turbo's, especially after buying a fast 102/102 setup.

What nos setup would work well now and with FI later? Also would that be direct port with the 102 manifolds nos ports?

Yeh good idea, all little answers help.

Thanks Dave for the quick replies.

Ben.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Launching!

Iv got the fast billet rails kit from fast for this intake, would an adjustable fuel pressure reg be advisable?
If drop Cr for boost it would be dropped to between 9.8-10.2:1, that's down the track or could set it up for that now, would that still be good on the spray and would it allow for a bigger HP spray or not a big difference? Sorry if doesn't make sense, as said am a newbie with nos.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our Fuel prices are high as well so we share your pain.

If you want to shoot me a list of your engine build it will help give me an idea of exactly how much nitrous the motor can take.

Right off the bat I can tell you with the aluminum block and stock casting heads anything over 300 and you may start to lift the heads. Head Studs instead of Head bolts may help prevent that.

I am not familiar with "dierschwerts 300 pump". Do you have a link to it so I can read up on it?

If you have not already purchased your fuel system now is the time to choose carefully.
Expecially if you are concidering going to E85. The E85 requires a bit more fuel pump when you start making power.

I think we should focus on the fuel system first. Get me the motor build sheet and after getting the fuel system figured out then choose the right nitrous system to suite your needs. Planning it out correctly now will save you alot of money down the road.
Dave
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Cool thanks for that Dave, will do.

Search this Thread