Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good nitrous H/C/I combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good nitrous H/C/I combo

Been searching for the past 2 weeks and have not really found any info on this so I figured I post up this thread.
I am starting to gather parts for my summer build. My goal for the car is to hopefully make 500+whp all motor and 650+ on the nitrous, through the stock bottom end ls6, and mostly stock drive train.

The combo that I have in mind currently.
A 230+ lift .60+ duration cam with around 112 lsa
high compression heads either AFR or trickflow, or maybe PRC, get the compression to high 11s maybe 12 on pump gas.
Car will also have a double roller timing chain, and high flow oil pump.
It will more than likely have a fast 102 with a 102mm throttle body, unless I can't get the darn thing to fit.
The intake and heads will be port matched locally here in Houston.
The car will more than likely have an e85 tune as well.

I would like to have nice running all motor car, but my main concern is how good it runs on nitrous, so the build will be more focused toward the nitrous aspect.

As for the nitrous,

Its almost definately going to be a stand alone direct port setup, with a 150shot.

Now for the questions I have.

How reliable is this setup going to be? I realize it is a ticking timebomb, but I will be starting the build on my next shortblock right after so I require it to last about 6 months-1 year, Is that realistic? How hard will the high compression and nitrous be on the stock ls6? the car is mostly a garage queen, driven probably about 5-6 times a month.

Are my number expectations realistic or not?

Also my biggest question, what heads should I be using? Since its is going to be a nitrous car, should I be looking at bigger heads like 220-230cc, or should I look more toward 205-210cc which is a good combo for n/a 346. Also can anything be done to the heads to make it safer for nitrous? for example aftermarket head gaskets?

Sorry for the long rant, hopefully I have provided adequate info, just looking for some feedback, answer to some questions. thanks.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TskH...1&feature=plcp
Here is the current setup, also good to mention the car has a bit more than 20k miles, all work on the car has been done by myself personally.