Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous pressure regulator?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nitrous pressure regulator?

Diving the other day got me thinking... why don't our nitrous systems have a 1st stage regulator? So with NANO, your bottle pressure is kept at some constant till it's empty. That's all fine... except inside a hot car? I'm pretty sure I read on this forum that one will have to purge excess pressure if the NANO bottle gets too hot. And with a bottle heater, one can raise the pressure before a run, but by the end of it, it can be significantly lower (shot size and number of bottles dependent).

I did some searching and though NOS has a "nitrous pressure regulator," it somehow seems fuel related. ZEX sells one for $275.

My thinking is this... keep my bottle at 2000 psi (or something) and let the regulator lower it to ~1000 psi.

Your thoughts?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
Diving the other day got me thinking... why don't our nitrous systems have a 1st stage regulator? So with NANO, your bottle pressure is kept at some constant till it's empty. That's all fine... except inside a hot car? I'm pretty sure I read on this forum that one will have to purge excess pressure if the NANO bottle gets too hot. And with a bottle heater, one can raise the pressure before a run, but by the end of it, it can be significantly lower (shot size and number of bottles dependent).

I did some searching and though NOS has a "nitrous pressure regulator," it somehow seems fuel related. ZEX sells one for $275.

My thinking is this... keep my bottle at 2000 psi (or something) and let the regulator lower it to ~1000 psi.

Your thoughts?
The issue you have by doing that is that there is a obstruction in the system possibly causing a phase change and restricting flow.

I have never done much testing with it so I can not offer much technical wise other than the obvious. I understand what you are saying though and I think it would achieve what your goal is. I dont think its something I would do though.
Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous pressure regulator?