Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nozzle vs spray bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nozzle vs spray bar

I'm finally going to be ordering my nitrous kit this week or next. I was set on the halo bar setup from NO because I want a dry kit and would prefer a hidden setup.

Now that it's time to order I'm debating just running a nozzle somewhere and not using the halo bar. Is there any real benifit from the bar as opposed to just a nozzle?

Also, I will be able to completely hide a nozzle, right? Bottom of the back of the lid? Bottom of bellow? Where would the best place to put a nozzle be, while remaining hidden?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a wet nozzle can be tricky to hide. When mounting it vertically in the places you suggest (I don't see it being horizontal), even if you get pre-bent hard lines (for example), it's still kind of an overall tall assembly that might get in the way of the radiator or possibly the water pump pulley. You could put everything inside the lid, provided you're not running a MAF. The !MAF also applies to the "bottom of the back of the lid" location, assuming you have the typical f-body intake setup. I'd suggest Nitro Dave's MoneyMaker setup for a good hidden wet shot. It looks like an intake manifold. That's it.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought dry kits required a maf..? I'm trying to see if I can completely hide a dry nozzle like I was going to be able to with the halo bar. I just have a bolt incarnation and yes I run a maf sensor
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For what you are looking to do the halo is hard to beat. It will completely fog the air intake track Vs a nozzle having a single beam of nitrous discharging into the air stream.

Deffintly go for the Halo if going dry through the mass air meter.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 03-13-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I'm a fool. I'm sorry, ignore my post. When I read "nozzle" my mind automatically interpreted "wet shot"
The following users liked this post:
Trexer (04-29-2023)