Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running your feed line close to radiator = problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Running your feed line close to radiator = problems?

When I installed my kit I ran my main feed line right next to the main wire loom that passes right near the radiator along the front. When the engine would be at operating temperature would this cause the nitrous in the line to begin to expand into vapor due to the heat? From my understanding you don't want this to happen until it is trapped in the cylinder and heated there. Should I rerun it under the cowl or consider redoing the install.

The main line is ran through the groument under the PCM I could relocate the NMU (Zex kit ) to the passenger side and run the fuel line across instead of looping the nitrous line around.

Going to be getting close to tune time soon and want everything to be optimized so I won't run into issues on the dyno and eat up their time.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you absolutly need to get it away from the radiator.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've ran it there before with no issues. There's heat everywhere under the hood so it doesn't make much difference if its near the radiator. If you have a purge and purge it anything that is in the line is now a liquid again.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

You should be ok running it there. We have customers that have run lines for wet and dry kits near the readiator with no problems that we know of.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chris!

I need to call you guys and talk about some wiring, for the Zex NMU, Zex window switch, and the LNC im going to get. The Zex NMU and window switch wire up easy as pie. I can't determine from the diagram included in the LNC manual what wire I would splice into for the timing retard. They work off the TPS signal and the window switch blocks the signal from reaching the NMU at WOT when outside the window.

It says to wire the timing wire into either 12 volt output from the nitrous controller or the WOT switch. I'm not sure what it means by 12 volt output is it just saying tie it into the same wire that runs to the arming switch?

Not sure what the WOT method entails.

If it's simple let me know. If not I will be calling you guys in a few weeks. Haha, and if thats the case I feel sorry for you guys.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 04-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Running your feed line close to radiator = problems?