Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter lnc-2000 arming light suposed to blink?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lingenfelter lnc-2000 arming light suposed to blink?

I noticed when I flip the switch to arm it the green light comes on, but it is blinking? Should it be a solid light or is it suposed to blink?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the earlier version, the LNC-200, & it shows a solid red light when on & a green light when the timing feature is activated. Go to their website for help/instructions.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rambodog
I have the earlier version, the LNC-200, & it shows a solid red light when on & a green light when the timing feature is activated. Go to their website for help/instructions.
Yea I have the solid red light when it's on and when i activate the timing it blinks.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

It appears that DopeFedZ beat me to it, but yes the green light is suppose to blink. Here is a full link to our instructions page:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/li...ons%20v0.4.pdf

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

Ok thanks just wanted to be completely sure i was pulling timing. Not sure if i am going up to a 150 shot ornot yet.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to confirm the LNC-2000 is pulling out timing

You can also confirm that the LNC-2000 is pulling out timing and how much timing it is pulling out by connecting a voltmeter to the gray analog output wire.

You could even probably run it to a battery voltage automotive gauge and change the numbers on the background to be timing retard instead of volts (hey, that sounds like a product idea).

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Ok thanks just wanted to be completely sure i was pulling timing. Not sure if i am going up to a 150 shot ornot yet.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

whats up these instructions aren't there any more
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Might have a paper copy that came with the device. What do you need off it
Old 08-20-2012, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Link to latest LNC-2000 instructions

We were starting to build up so many product instructions that they were getting hard to find so we changed the way they are organized. They are now organized by part number.

The latest instructions LNC-2000 instructions can be found here (click to follow link).

BTW - these are updated instructions with many more wiring diagrams.

All of our product instructions can be found here on our web site:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/downloads

You can also find our instructions in our forums here:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforum...t-Instructions

We try to also link to the instructions in the product section of the catalog but some of those links may be broken since we just changed this. We are in the process of fixing the links in the product pages.

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
whats up these instructions aren't there any more
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks. i had a set on paper at work.

my related question is do you think there is a way to trigger a shift light, with this?

i have this and a summit window switch (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-830452/).. trying not to add another switch but have a shiftlight trigger
Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

i guess i should call?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC trigger an external device

The LNC products (LNC-2000, LNC-003, LNC-TC1 etc.) can't be used to trigger a shift light. They don't have any outputs.

You would need to use the window switch or some other RPM activated switch to trigger a shift light.

thanks. i had a set on paper at work.

my related question is do you think there is a way to trigger a shift light, with this?

i have this and a summit window switch (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-830452/).. trying not to add another switch but have a shiftlight trigger
Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks.

also to clarify that last question, the green blinks slow if you have the two triggers connected together for the fixed full time rev limiter (for example setting a new one somewhere below the stock limiter to be functional) or above it to not use it at all.

the instructions don't say but i did wonder if you leave them not hooked to anything if it would not blink at all

thanks for the instructions update tho.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC LED indicators

Connecting the yellow to the green wire is just one way to activate the 2-step. As indicated in the instructions, any time the 2-step is activated the GREEN LED will blink slowly (4 Hz / 4 times per second). Normally you would only connect the green and the yellow together if you were using the LNC as your primary RPM limiter since it would always be active when wired in this way. If you are activating the RPM limit function of the LNC via some external method by connecting to either the green or the yellow wire via a switched device, the green LED will only blink when that switch is activated.

The RED LED is solid when the unit is powered up (vehicle keyed on) and the LED blinks when the RPM set point is achieved, even if the RPM limit function is not activated.

I hope this clarifies the operation of the LED.

thanks.

also to clarify that last question, the green blinks slow if you have the two triggers connected together for the fixed full time rev limiter (for example setting a new one somewhere below the stock limiter to be functional) or above it to not use it at all.

the instructions don't say but i did wonder if you leave them not hooked to anything if it would not blink at all

thanks for the instructions update tho.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

its a little misleading saying the yellow connected to the green will activate the two step.. connecting them will ARM the two step and then crossing over the set threshold rpm will activate it. seeing the light blinking does not mean that you are ON 2 step.

also some helpful info for anyone trying to test it.

-i know this was in the instructions but i had to read 10x to find
THE DIALS ONLY MAKE CHANGES WHEN POWER IS CYCLED
i was going every which way on these suckers with the car running and getting no changes.. i killed the car had a beer and magically the change was in there.. lol.

-easy way to test 2 step function is to simply hook the yel/grn wires together and lower the dials to say 2500 (kill /restart) and give the car a rev

-to test the timing retard hook a volt meter up between the grey output wire and ground. you should get .2 volts per degree retard, I also made a third column on the instructions showing the output voltage at each retard increment. 1 volt at 5*, 2v at 10* and 3v at 15* etc.
Remember you will need to cycle power after the changes to SEE it, and of course touch 12v to the orange wire to apply the retard. set it to 15* and you will hear the rev's respond as well.
Lastly if you are by yourself you will have to crack the throttle and hold over i think 1500 rpm to see it work. thats in the instructions too but so many pages you miss little stuff like that..

...and when you are by yourself with a fly by wire car it's not on the top of your head to wedge your impact gun between the brake and the gas pedal, but you eventually figure it out!

nice product after all that tho
-when you guys include a 12v shift light output and incorporate a window rpm and TPS option i would be happy to test it for you. pretty sure that's not even another $10 in additional electronics
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Launching!

mighty mouse , that last post helped me lots , ya i read over stuff and miss lil things glad , i read this post i was about to make a call to lpe.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

beer should be mentioned in the instructions.. its critical!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lingenfelter lnc-2000 arming light suposed to blink?