Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some quick n2o quetions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some quick n2o quetions

What;s up guys. First off let me apologize since I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death. Im in afghan currently and with the slow internet my search function will not work. I try searching posts as best I can through google but have had no luck.

I am looking to get a system for my TA. Car is a '99 TA, full exhaust, lid, ls6 intake, P/P TB, and will soon to be full UMI tubular adjustable rear suspension.

I have never sprayed before. Looking to get a wet kit. The car is my daily driver and will be sprayed probably around once a month. I want to get a 100 shot jet, I'm looking right now at nitrous outlets 78mm fbody specific kit with 15 lb bottle.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...5&product=3913

Basically, what else do I need?

Also, I was planning on getting a dyno tune for just my bolt ons. Should I just wait until I get the kit installed or will it not be a big deal for a tuner to go back in and mess with the timing and A/F, or whatever tuning is necessary. I know my tuner keeps everything unlocked, so that's not an issue.

I appreciate the help in advance, and again I apologize for beating a dead horse.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

The kit looks pretty complete, but you should also get a purge for the system and a blow down tube for your bottle. Dyno tuning will always help to get the right AFR, but remember to always do spot checks on your plugs to check and see if you are too rich or lean. Nitrous does not always show its full potential on a dyno, but it will help to dyno tune. Are you running a auto or manual?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by josh2002-ws6
The kit looks pretty complete, but you should also get a purge for the system and a blow down tube for your bottle. Dyno tuning will always help to get the right AFR, but remember to always do spot checks on your plugs to check and see if you are too rich or lean. Nitrous does not always show its full potential on a dyno, but it will help to dyno tune. Are you running a auto or manual?
I was looking at nitrous outlets accesories package level 3. Comes with the blowdown tube and purge kit, as well as several other things including bottle heater.

Car is an a4.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Just call Chris or Neal at nitrous Outlet they will get you what you need and custom it to your goals for the car. Thats the best
Old 06-09-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't worry about getting your tuner to mess witht the timing for the spray. Just tune it N/A and get you a timing box like the Lingenfelter LNC and pull timing accordingly.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome, thanks guys.

Just checked out the lingenfelter LNC-2000. Looks like that will also get purchased. Do you preset your timing retard prior to use, and then activate it before spraying? Or is it automatically activated.

Also, what plug should I run with a 100 shot? Or will I be good with my tr55's
Old 06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redlineracing
Awesome, thanks guys.

Just checked out the lingenfelter LNC-2000. Looks like that will also get purchased. Do you preset your timing retard prior to use, and then activate it before spraying? Or is it automatically activated.

Also, what plug should I run with a 100 shot? Or will I be good with my tr55's
With the lingenfelter timing is only pulled when you activate the N2O. I'm spraying a 100 shot and using NGK BR7EF plugs. I wouldn't use the tr55's.

Come home safe.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Good topic battle! I will be over there soon enough, again. I'm running into the issue of where to begin on my 01 A4 T/A. I have all th suspension stuff done already, full exhaust, LS6 intake and very soon a 224/230 cam, and HP tunes. I just don't know what I shoul look at and why to stay away from.