Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions: N20 kit for a C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions: N20 kit for a C5Z

Thinking about spraying my Z06. It has a completely stock fuel system as of now. Im going ot be throwing in a cam and what all do I need? I'm brand new to the nitrous world, been stuck on FI. I know I'll need injectors, but what about a fuel pump. I'll be spraying on stock bottom end so 100 shot is the most I'll do.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do a heads & cam set up you'll need a walbro 255lph for that (500hp) Then do a wet kit from Nitrous Outlet or Nitrous Express Then for the nitrous another walbro 255lph Both hardwired & the 2nd one comes on when your nitrous is armed A duel walbro 255 set up is good for 1000hp If you read threw the stickies itll help a lot Get all the safety stuff too & since your an LS get the lingenfelter nitrous controller stuff Should be some guys with more knowledge chime in Nitrous Outlet customer service is 2nd to NONE
Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

As injectors go you will be fine to run the stock ones until you got a cam and then you may need to upgrade them to help with the cam.

You will be able to spray 100hp shot no problem with everything that you have right now as long as you do a wet system, however, a walboro 255 or aeromotive 340 in-tank pump would be a wise investment.

If you have any questions on a system that will work for you feel free to PM me or E-Mail me directly.

Trey
Old 04-24-2012, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Thinking about spraying my Z06. It has a completely stock fuel system as of now. Im going ot be throwing in a cam and what all do I need? I'm brand new to the nitrous world, been stuck on FI. I know I'll need injectors, but what about a fuel pump. I'll be spraying on stock bottom end so 100 shot is the most I'll do.
Your definitely going to have a fun car when you are done. If you are deciding to go with nitrous you have a couple of great options.

First I would start out with thinking what kind of injection you want. Wet or Dry. With the Wet system you will be looking to upgrade your fuel pump being that you are looking at getting a cam. Stock fuel system can get into the 450 hp range. Since the fuel delivery is from a fuel solenoid on a wet kit you will not have to upgrade the injectors because of the addition of the nitrous. If you are good on injectors with you N/A setup then you will be fine with your injectors on your nitrous set up.

If you decided to go with a dry set up then you would have to upgrade your fuel pump and fuel injectors. The fuel delivery would be from the injectors and not a fuel solenoid hence the reasoning for the injector upgrade.

On the topic of fuel pump you can upgrade with 255 to get you to the 500-550 power range. If you were to add a hot wire kit like racetronix sales then you will be able to get around 600 wheel horsepower. The Aeromotive pump is good for around 600 on pump alone.

Next you would want to decide if you wanted to get a nozzle, plate, direct port. With a 100 shot you would be perfectly fine with a plate or nozzle. The plates provide a cleaner look without having to do any drilling to your intake but is all in personal preference.

As stated above don't forget to get the extras for safety or functionality . Window Switch or progress, fuel safety switch, bottle heater, filter, pressure gauge, NHRA valve, and blow down tube.

Get ready for some fun, you will enjoy it.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I ran a Nitrous Express efi race single nozzle system on my 1999 C5. The car was full bolt ons with a cam and made 405/375 NA. I added the NX kit and it required no changes to my current tune on the car (we had it on the dyno though to check and everything looked solid!). Also the car had a completely stock fuel system and everything was still looking good.

It made 495/492 on the 100 wet shot!

As far as extras, I ran this kit as basic as I could, just a WOT switch. With it being so simple, I loved it for not being over complicated. I added a bottle heater after seeing my psi drop at the track. Other than that, in my eyes the simpler the better!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't the Aeromotive 340 pump require a return style fuel system?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run a 150 Wet with a Nano kit (Makes it a 180 kit) on my cammed Z06 with SVO 30# injectors. I'm still on stock pump. Stock is plenty for what you want to do.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

I'm set on using a plate system for the simplicity and the cleaner look and operation. Again most I'll spray is a 100-125 max. I track it maybe once a month and the rest is just a little street grudge/fun racing. Not going aftermarket heads right now and staying with the stock 243's. So it will be cam only with full exhaust and LS6 intake still. Id like to just break 500 on the bottle. I'll probably by some 36# injectors and call it a day then. I was hoping I wouldnt have to mess with the pump.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm set on using a plate system for the simplicity and the cleaner look and operation. Again most I'll spray is a 100-125 max. I track it maybe once a month and the rest is just a little street grudge/fun racing. Not going aftermarket heads right now and staying with the stock 243's. So it will be cam only with full exhaust and LS6 intake still. Id like to just break 500 on the bottle. I'll probably by some 36# injectors and call it a day then. I was hoping I wouldnt have to mess with the pump.
What cam are you thinking about. I run the Thunder Racing RAPTR and love it. You would be well over 500whp on the 100 shot with that cam.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With what you are planing to do I would throw a racetronix fuel system in it. Then you will be good for 650 rear wheel hp. If I remember correctly the 04 C5 came with 28lb injectors. If you put an aggressive cam shaft in it you will more than likely need to upgrade the injectors. You could always look at the duty cycle of the injector to see if it needs upgraded. If its does 36lb injectors would be a good choice.

If you need help we can provide you a full package from fuel system to the correct spark plugs.

To understand what each accessory is read this.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/sh...2893#post12893

Nitrous is a wonderful thing when done right. There are many options to choose from but one thing for sure, if its done wrong you will hurt your motor. The nitrous market is full of gray area. There are alot of crap products and people just looking to push parts. Work with someone that not only knows nitrous very well but knows your platform as well. Expect to spend 1000-1500 to have a safe and fully operational set up.

If we can do anything to help you let us know. We are the LSX nitrous experts.
Dave
Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

PM sent