Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd share my N2O Outlet story in here so you can expect the type of service to receive from them.

I had not purchased my N2O outlet wet kit(came with a nozzle) from N2O Outlet directly. I bought it 2nd hand off this site. I then looked around for deals on 92mm plates and finally found one instead of settling with a different company as I really wanted all N2O outlet products in my vehicle.

Got the plate and everything wired up and started thinking this -3 an nitrous line just might not cut it when I start really pouring the coals to it.

So I talked to Dave about what my options were.

Not only did he give me all the advice I needed, but he also helped me out with making sure my fuel solenoid hadn't been damaged by the higher ethanol content pump gas we have at our pumps across the U.S. now.

I bought the SHO 24" -4 an to -3 an braided line, and 1/8nptX-4 an fitting I'd need also for the solenoid.

As a joke I said it'd be cool to get a nitrous outlet banner for my windshield since I will be running in Real Street 275 this year it'd be good advertisement since I don't know of anyone else with one in the class!

I figured he'd laugh and just kinda brush it off, but he said no problem! Also got the tools needed to R&R the fuel solenoid for free!

I also got jetting advice from Neal and he was very helpful getting my order done as I needed a couple more jets and other odds and ends.

Overall I had a great experience with Nitrous Outlet and would recommend them to anyone!

Time to see what this 3000# car will do on a .93 jet!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It is definitely hard to beat the guys over at Nitrous Outlet. The product, price, and customer service are some of the best I have ever dealt with. They are the only Nitrous company we use for our shop cars and many of the guys working here use their stuff.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing should absolutely fly. Def. gonna be way faster than mine. Good luck sir
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
It is definitely hard to beat the guys over at Nitrous Outlet. The product, price, and customer service are some of the best I have ever dealt with. They are the only Nitrous company we use for our shop cars and many of the guys working here use their stuff.
As far as I am concerned, if you have a late model, EFI equipped vehicle and you are wanting to spray it and looking for not only the best quality kits on the market, but the best customer service on the market look no further than N20 outlet.

Cam- I sure hope it goes fast! I dunno about being faster than you though! You have a lot more experience than I do with nitrous and have way more seat and tuning time also.

I know what it takes to get my chassis right to go down the track quickly, but it will be a new learning curve for sure.

I am going to buy a set of travel limiters before the nitrous goes on also and leave the extension setting where I had it on motor(fairly loose) and just limit the travel to 1"-2".

Carter01 I know you use travel limiters where did you buy them from or did you make them? How much travel do you limit your front end too?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

You will get the hang of it pretty quickly, just don't get too greedy too quickly. It never turns out well.

Be careful on your extension settings, my rule of thumb is go tight and then back it off if I need to. I don't need to see the sky if I don't want to. We only use the front extension to limit this with a setting of 7/12 from full soft. This leaves with the tires about 16inches and carries it out about 40 feet. Just a little info to help base your decisions
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually called N20 outlet today...needless to say I am very impressed I will be giving them my business from now on. Should be placing an order for odds and ends next week.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

N20 outlet is top notch. I have ordered stuff from dave and they have helped me with questions i had even when i didnt buy something. Top notch for sure
Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
You will get the hang of it pretty quickly, just don't get too greedy too quickly. It never turns out well.

Be careful on your extension settings, my rule of thumb is go tight and then back it off if I need to. I don't need to see the sky if I don't want to. We only use the front extension to limit this with a setting of 7/12 from full soft. This leaves with the tires about 16inches and carries it out about 40 feet. Just a little info to help base your decisions
Mine are on 16/38, 38 being full tight right now. I've had luck with them as tight as 24/38, but with them any tighter it just won't 60'.

Now this is off the footbrake and I have a probrake going in right now while the stall is being re-done. With it and the nitrous, it's going to become a handful on those settings. I think I will leave my rear settings alone and tighten the front like you said too.

The footbrake has been hard for me to cut a consistent good light. I'm either -.015 red or .090-.100. Hoping to cut them in half consistently with the probrake and two step to keep the rpm's held where I want them and let the stall work.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Nitrous outlet is badass.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Top notch for sure!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Nitrous outlet is badass.
Love the new car Detoxx!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 AM
10 Second Club

I'm really glad you got the converter restalled. I was hoping you werent going to try to spray a big shot on such a looose NA stall. N20 outlet is awesome, I've had 3 kits from them and they are work flawlessly. Customer service/tech support is top notch.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Mine are on 16/38, 38 being full tight right now. I've had luck with them as tight as 24/38, but with them any tighter it just won't 60'.

Now this is off the footbrake and I have a probrake going in right now while the stall is being re-done. With it and the nitrous, it's going to become a handful on those settings. I think I will leave my rear settings alone and tighten the front like you said too.

The footbrake has been hard for me to cut a consistent good light. I'm either -.015 red or .090-.100. Hoping to cut them in half consistently with the probrake and two step to keep the rpm's held where I want them and let the stall work.
I would suggest scaling the car also.

Off topic question...
Is the a good riding spot near you? some lake?
You can camp, ride atv's, dirt bikes ?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd share my N2O Outlet story in here so you can expect the type of service to receive from them.

I had not purchased my N2O outlet wet kit(came with a nozzle) from N2O Outlet directly. I bought it 2nd hand off this site. I then looked around for deals on 92mm plates and finally found one instead of settling with a different company as I really wanted all N2O outlet products in my vehicle.

Got the plate and everything wired up and started thinking this -3 an nitrous line just might not cut it when I start really pouring the coals to it.

So I talked to Dave about what my options were.

Not only did he give me all the advice I needed, but he also helped me out with making sure my fuel solenoid hadn't been damaged by the higher ethanol content pump gas we have at our pumps across the U.S. now.

I bought the SHO 24" -4 an to -3 an braided line, and 1/8nptX-4 an fitting I'd need also for the solenoid.

As a joke I said it'd be cool to get a nitrous outlet banner for my windshield since I will be running in Real Street 275 this year it'd be good advertisement since I don't know of anyone else with one in the class!

I figured he'd laugh and just kinda brush it off, but he said no problem! Also got the tools needed to R&R the fuel solenoid for free!

I also got jetting advice from Neal and he was very helpful getting my order done as I needed a couple more jets and other odds and ends.

Overall I had a great experience with Nitrous Outlet and would recommend them to anyone!

Time to see what this 3000# car will do on a .93 jet!!!
Glad we could get you squared away! I cant wait to see what this car can do at the track. It should fly.

Don't forget if you can get some pictures and videos we would love to get them up on the website and Facebook page.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
I'm really glad you got the converter restalled. I was hoping you werent going to try to spray a big shot on such a looose NA stall. N20 outlet is awesome, I've had 3 kits from them and they are work flawlessly. Customer service/tech support is top notch.
Me too, it was going to have to happen anyways(re-stall) I just needed the right jack to get the transmission out safely and comfortably. Ended up using a motorcycle jack which worked really well to balance the transmission pan on the jack itself. I'd suggest a cheap used motorcycle jack to anyone that does their own work on their car and does it on the ground and needs to take the transmission out.

I ended up sending it to Greg@FTI because I feel comfortable with his suggestions, work and philosophy of we don't fix what isn't broken. It being a 9" works out well for my application. I'm figuring it will go 4400-4500 on the transbrake with no 2 step chip in, and flash to 5800-5900 shooting the gas to it which is right where it stalled on motor off the footbrake. I kinda wanted to try the old converter with a 75 or 100 shot, but I knew what I wanted to really do and that was spray the house down so it was done right the first time.

Wayne- As far as riding goes there is Uwharrie about 45 minutes south of my house which is about as good as you can get for any kind of riding and camping!

Now there are some lakes in a 30-45 minute general circumference of where I live, but I am not sure on the amount of lee way given on the trails as far as riding an ORV is concerned.

Your best bet will be Uwharrie though, at least that's where I went when I had my locked and lifted 95 Grand Cherokee.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

Wayne- As far as riding goes there is Uwharrie about 45 minutes south of my house which is about as good as you can get for any kind of riding and camping!

Now there are some lakes in a 30-45 minute general circumference of where I live, but I am not sure on the amount of lee way given on the trails as far as riding an ORV is concerned.

Your best bet will be Uwharrie though, at least that's where I went when I had my locked and lifted 95 Grand Cherokee.
Found it...
Busco beach and atv park.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
Glad we could get you squared away! I cant wait to see what this car can do at the track. It should fly.

Don't forget if you can get some pictures and videos we would love to get them up on the website and Facebook page.

Thank you for your help also Neal. You were very helpful!

I will keep this thread updated with my times and results from testing next week(hopefully) and the NDRRA race next weekend on the 28th.

I'll try and get someone to video tape the runs.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you for your help also Neal. You were very helpful!

I will keep this thread updated with my times and results from testing next week(hopefully) and the NDRRA race next weekend on the 28th.

I'll try and get someone to video tape the runs.
awesome good luck to you sir.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

I am happy to help anytime.. I am lookingforward to seeing how it runs.
Thanks for the support.
Dave
Old 04-20-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Found it...
Busco beach and atv park.
Busco beach is redneck heaven, I wouldnt suggest it. Uwharrie is exponentially better, and WAY bigger.

Junkie- I've got about 3 months left here in afghan, then I'll be back. Due to time constraints I'm just gonna run the **** out of the stock motor on E-85....We can be the slow SSB cars is RS275

Quick Reply: Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!