Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what nitros system is best 4 my cammed ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what nitros system is best 4 my cammed ls1

hey guys looking 4 a nos kit 2 fit my ls1 was just wondering wat systems is best wet or dry n what hp shot would be best 4 me cam only ls1 motor thanks heaps
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vsls1wgn
hey guys looking 4 a nos kit 2 fit my ls1 was just wondering wat systems is best wet or dry n what hp shot would be best 4 me cam only ls1 motor thanks heaps
First you have to cover the basics. Do you have an aftermarket pump installed? If not, that's one of the things you need to do before throwing a kit on your car.

Do you have bigger injectors? If not, then only if you go dry, will you need injectors. With a wet system you will not need bigger ones since the fuel will be provided by the kit.

I would start off with a 100 shot to be safe and see a considerable gain in the process. Is you car a manual or auto? A manual is a different ballgame when spraying nitrous. You will probably need a window switch to turn the nitrous off between shifts if you do.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1)Upgraded Fuel Pump
2)Most Likely Upgraded Injectors
3)Colder Heat Range non projected tip plugs
4)some way to pull timing
5)Plate, Nozzle, Direct Port(fogger), or spray bar. Also plenum systems, but I doubt you have a sheetmetal intake manifold.
6)10 or 15lb bottle with a mount and -4an nitrous feed line at the least.
7)Window switch that uses either a microswitch's input for wot or one that uses TPS signal for WOT,
8)purge
9)etc. etc. etc.

There are so many different brands and styles of nitrous that it can get confusing for a first timer.

If I were you I would call Nitro Dave@Nitrous Outlet and tell him what you want out of your car, what you plan to do with it and how often the nitrous will be used. Dave, Neal, Graham or any one of those guys will go out of their way to make sure you get what you need. Even if what you buy wasn't purchased from them, their customer service is second to no one,

I would personally go wet, it's the easiest to adjust fueling wise with fuel jets and fuel pressure for the nitrous system without needing a computer or tuning program to change the fueling.

Dry is IMO better than wet, but only if you have the right system and set-up to utilize it like per say Justin Smith, ATVracers old set-up, Brian Black and more.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of questions.
Do you have a fuel pump?
Do you know what you are making power wise on motor??
How much are you looking to spray?
Window Switch is good auto and manuals by the way.